"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The end of a day...

I just had to write once more today because my heart is full. I am certain that this Mothers Day was the best Mothers Day I have ever had. My top ten reason why I love being a mom TODAY...in no particular order...
10. Gav's Mothers Day present that said "I would give her a 10 if I was a best mom judge"!
9. Savanna's card that said "Have a happy mothers day. I wish you good luck"!
8. Savanna's first words this morning as she pretended to be asleep and then leaped outta bed when I walked in her room..."Happy Mothers Day"!
7. Gavin's MULTIPLE kisses each week during Sacrament meeting. Sometimes I am afraid what everyone sitting behind us must think.
6. Gavin's eighth bowl of cereal in 2.5 hours.
5. Homemade Mother's Day cards with freshly picked flowers taped on the front with little tiny bugs crawling out from the pedals.
4. Gavin's two "Free Five Minute Massage" coupons...because they usually cost me 4 dollars for a minute and a half.
3. Kids (and a mom) who know me well enough to buy me shoes now three years in a row!!
2. Homemade bookmarks with pictures of sweet faces on them.
1. Gavin and Savanna...just being Gavin and Savanna.

Today being a mom was different...today for the first time on Mother's Day I had a dad sitting next to me who not only helped our kids sign cards, make gifts and make this day the most wonderful day for me...but he held me close, kissed my cheek, held my hand and loved me with all his heart. Today I thank the mom's that made him who he is. Who taught him what it means to respect women, have unconditional love, to be selfless and how to walk into this situation and not only love me but love the two most precious gifts I have been given.
Today I can say I am HAPPY for the role I have been blessed to play as a wife and MOTHER!

Plus thanks for my jeans and picture BABE...I loved every bit of this day!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Kami it sounds like you had a very Happy Mothers Day! And it sounds like you all are doing really good! We are so happy for you guys! We love and miss you all very much!!!
Love ya, JoLynn, Brian, and kids