"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Little Miss Perfect


Nana and I sat in the blazing hot 104 degree piercing sun yesterday to watch Savanna graduate from the first grade and receive the "Perfect Student" award. Her teacher, Mrs. McKenzie, in a parent/teacher conference a few months back actually said the words..."She is a perfect child, thank you for having her. It isn't often that a teacher gets to have a student in their class as wonderful as Savanna". Then she continued on yesterday at the awards ceremony saying, "You can always count on Savanna to do the right thing, she is the PERFECT STUDENT".


It is always a joy as a mom to hear others praise your child. Especially when your other child's teacher is saying things like..."You might consider anger management or counseling"!


Now we at our house think Savanna is to die for...perfect however is going a bit overboard. We have our whiney days, our made up sob stories so she can run quickly to the bathroom mirror and watch the tears run down her poor droopy face, our two mornings a week where we fight over clothes, hair-dos or wanting to wear make-up to school, our nights where she complains no matter what I cook for dinner, her moans and groans each time we brush her obviously extra sensitive head of hair and not to mention the times she cries and then admits she cried just to get the attention off of Gavin and onto her...I can ALWAYS count on her to be honest!



Savanna IS a wonderful child. She was sent to me from Heavenly Father as a comfort after the first child He sent to me...parents who pray for patience receive children like Gavin...parents who pray for help receive children like Savanna! She is kind, loving, sincere, funny, goofy, beautiful, accepting, loyal, spiritual, smart, sensitive, dramatic, helpful, hard working, obedient, and down right PERFECT (well some of the time)!
We love her and are so proud of her!

4 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I can truly say that what I do know of Savannah I would have to agree with her teacher! She is absolutely perfect! We love her and are so thankful for her and we are also very thankful for Gavyn. We are thankful to geta to add two more perfect children into the Ellsworth Clan. I have know idea how my parents got so lucky to have all of the perfect grandchildren.
We are so looking forward to getting to see you all soon. We love and miss you all very much.
Lots of Love, JoLynn and Family

Anonymous said...

So, I've been telling everyone for years that this child is PERFECT and now it's been confirmed....The Perfect Student Award!!! I'm grateful that Mrs. McKenzie was able to recognize what Savanna's grandmother has always known...this is a very special little girl.

Bryan and Lyndsey said...

Hey it is so good to see how well you guys are doing. We are really excited to come up there and see you get married finally! We now have a blog but it is slow in the process. Love lyndsey

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

You guys are so cute and I can't wait to meet you! We just love Brent and are so glad you and your kids are going to be a part of our "family"!!