"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Never ceases to AMAZE!!

The Ellsworth Family road trip got off to a rocky start. We headed out about 9:00 a.m. Wrapped the luggage in plastic garbage bags because it was raining in St George in May, threw it all in the back of the truck, met Papa and Nana at Costco, filled up the truck which cost us food for the next week and hit the road. We were cruisin' along nicely at what Brent claims was 80 miles an hour when low and behold...lights, sirens, TICKET!!! The orange haired, freckled faced, picked- on- as- a- child, with a score to settle cop tagged us going 89 in a 75...$82.00 later...we can't eat next week either!





We arrived in Provo and drove straight to BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY...YES you heard it Brent on the BYU campus! I unfortunately did not bring my camera...what in world was I thinking...future black mail material! He was a good...but sarcastic...sport.


After the men in the family spent the day golfing on the luscious greens of Hobble Creek while the women yelled at, fussed with, swore at, argued with and chased uncooperative children around every mall in the Salt Lake Valley...it was finally time to head to Park City.


The weather was pleasantly warmer than expected. The room was cozy and comfortable unless you ended up sharing a room with four children who were not your own...one of which gets up at 3:30 a.m. and bounces on every piece of furniture in the room and rolls around like pigs in a blanket at the end of your bed... or sleeping on an air mattress with a hole that allowed the air to stay in just the right amount of time it takes to fall asleep...then you end up sleeping on the rock hard ground with a thin layer of deflated mattress to somewhat ease your burning hip bones.


Saturday we were off...limping due to inflamed bedsores...to LAGOON...or what I like to call the "glamorized carnival''. Now being the absolute BIGGEST Disneyland fan EVER...Lagoon didn't stand a chance...but it did make for an enjoyable day of people watching, churro eating, picture taking and FUN.












Sunday Brent and I dropped off the kids for their summer time with Dad and drove down to American Fork where we had the pleasure of joining the Loose clan for a Sacrament Meeting full of SLOW singing, prayer laughing, mission farewell to CHILE (?) and then a TASTY fried chicken dinner along with a birthday celebration. What a great family. I am still trying to figure out how Sweet Aunt Marianne and DICK came from the same dear mother...Grandma Helen?? My mind may always burn with curiosity!


After spending a boat load of money shopping, eating and playing, we headed back to warm St. George, back to work, back to REALITY! HOME sweet HOME!

11 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Well it sounds like you all had a blast of time over all! I mean with the exception of the ticket and the bedsores it sounds like it was a wonderful first family vacation!
I thought I'd let you all know that after the family BBQ yesterday it looks like we will indeed eventually have a blog of some sort anyway. Tara and Lyndsey are just admit that we have a blog. Then Brian had to get in on it by saying we are going to be the only ones in our family without a blog. Well I proceeded to tell him if he wants one he can be in charge of it. He proceeded to tell me that it is a family deal. So in the end this blog deal when it is finally done will be a group effort, for sure!!!
Well you guys sound like your doing great and we are very much looking forward to the "big" day. We can't wait to see you all. We love you!
JoLynn

Marianne said...

Kami, You are so kind! We enjoyed having the two of you so much! Britt said it really made her birthday special. "Dick" and I did indeed come from the same sweet mother! He was and IS a really great big brother...except for all of the monsters he made up to scare me!
Glad you survived your first vacation together!
Love You! ~Marianne

Bryan and Lyndsey said...

Hey, this is classic! I love the pictures of Brent. I always knew he drove too fast. Did Brent check out the Blogs? Did he love the pictures? Your road trip sounds like you had a ton of fun now matter what came in the way. Since the beggining we always wondered how any of dads sisters and him came from the same mother. But hey we love him all the same. Can't wait to see you guys in how many days?????

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad to see you are a big Disneyland fan too! It is my favorite place. We should plan a trip together once Jared is done with Academy. We are soooo excited to come up for the wedding. Love Jared Meghan and the boys

tlee said...

Hey you guys sounds like a fab time! Great mug shot Brent you better slow down next time huh? I am still trying to figure this blog thing out so bare with my site for a while ok. Can't wait to see you to get married! I feel old. miss you tons
give the kids kisses from me they will know me soon enough!! TARA

Anonymous said...

As one of the "eye witnesses" to the ticket-getting-event, I just want to go on record as saying...that Jim was doing 87 mph and we couldn't begin to catch up with Brent, he was "haulin'" if you get my drift!! I think the red-headed cop did him a BIG favor. Hey, and my grandchildren were in the truck with him, not to mention my darling, youngest daughter!! Brent, you need to get that cruise control thing checked out and maybe see a podiatrist about that lead foot.

Anonymous said...

Brent, will you ever learn? Remember the discussion we had in March when I was in Gilbert, about you driving so fast on the freeway? Surely you remember the incident. I love you and want you around for a long while so slow down. Your little vacation sounded like so much fun. Glad you all were able to go.

I have the quilt finished and I need to get it mailed to you. Hope you like it.

I am looking forward to seeing you all in June. Won't be long now.Tell Gav and Savanna Grandma Ellsworth is happy to be able to see them again and spend more time with them than I could when they came to Gilbert. Kami I am so happy to have you in the family. I know you will make Brent extremely happy and he deserves that.

Love you Grandma

brookiebaby said...

What a thug you are marrying! :) Nice mug-shot! :) Very cute! We got your announcement yesterday, soooooo dang cute! I love them! So, your wedding is the day of the triathlon, so I'm not exactly sure where that will put us with time, but if there's anyway for us to be at it, I will try my darnest! :)
The countdown begins!!! Are you sooo excited???
Love ya!

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Brent, love the mug shot! Hudson got 5, count 'em, FIVE tickets last year..so I know how you guys feel! Can't wait to hang out!

Laurel said...

Hi Brent & Family, what a beautiful soon to be family you have. I am so happy for you & the happiness that you have found.

When I was reading that you were at Lagoon, we live 30 min. from there in Plain City.

It was so good getting together with Tara & Lyndseys families a few weeks ago when we were there. What beautiful families they have.

Lots of happiness to you & your new family & remember if you are ever up this way again give us a call.

Congrats,

Love, Aunt Laurel
email: laurel@staceygc.com
home: dlgiffin4@msn.com

Mindi said...

Hey Hey Kami! - I have enjoyed catching up on all of your life's happenings. What a great family!

Brynn has a blog - daviesfamblog.blogspot.com

and so do I. Mine is private (I know, totally annoying to everyone), so email me when you are doing nothing but sitting around and sipping virgin margaritas and eating bon bons (yeah, right!!) mindidurst@yahoo.com

I cannot wait to hear all about your big day and see all the pics. Congrats on a great life - two beautiful kids and soon to be hubby.

Mindi Gylling Durst