
Brent got his first taste of what I call my "past life" last night. We drove to Meadow to drop off the kids so they could spend their "Spring Vacation" with their...FATHER??? It was interesting to say the least and I will leave it at that!
On our way home we stopped in Beaver...voted #1 in the nations "Quality Water and Taste Test"...to eat dinner. I had remembered eating at the Timberline Inn previously and to my recollection had pleasant memories of that experience. Last night however I changed my opinion. Not because of the "Cream of Pasture" soup that the words cow pee were used to describe its taste, or the vitamin D dairy creamer that covered the Country Fried Steak with tiny bits of pepper added to give the appearance of gravy, or not even the old man in the table next to ours who look directly at the two of us and exclaimed "What the HE double L"! But my memories are of the first time I saw tears run down the side of Brent’s cheek and him doubled over in laughter for 20 minutes non-stop.
I love the times when you laugh so hard your side aches and its hard to breathe. I love the times you laugh so hard that you can't get your composure and others stare. I love the times I laugh so hard that I have to keep my legs crossed so I don't wet my pants. I had to do that last night when Brent got 7 candy "Hot Balls" out of the $.25 vending machine...after spending $28.00 on a meal from HE double L at a restaurant that sells Rolaids behind the cash register.
Memories I tell ya!
On our way home we stopped in Beaver...voted #1 in the nations "Quality Water and Taste Test"...to eat dinner. I had remembered eating at the Timberline Inn previously and to my recollection had pleasant memories of that experience. Last night however I changed my opinion. Not because of the "Cream of Pasture" soup that the words cow pee were used to describe its taste, or the vitamin D dairy creamer that covered the Country Fried Steak with tiny bits of pepper added to give the appearance of gravy, or not even the old man in the table next to ours who look directly at the two of us and exclaimed "What the HE double L"! But my memories are of the first time I saw tears run down the side of Brent’s cheek and him doubled over in laughter for 20 minutes non-stop.
I love the times when you laugh so hard your side aches and its hard to breathe. I love the times you laugh so hard that you can't get your composure and others stare. I love the times I laugh so hard that I have to keep my legs crossed so I don't wet my pants. I had to do that last night when Brent got 7 candy "Hot Balls" out of the $.25 vending machine...after spending $28.00 on a meal from HE double L at a restaurant that sells Rolaids behind the cash register.
Memories I tell ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment