"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Sunday 6 by Brent

1. Going to Sav's soccer practice on Mondays and Wednesdays and playing with Gavin for a bit down on the other side of the field. I lost 2 dollars to him this week for allowing him to score goals on me (his excitement made me smile when he got a ball by me).
2. Watching Savanna play soccer on Saturday. I could see some progress from her first week to this week. It's about time I get to watch a child play sports!! She is a good girl!
3. Sitting with my wife at our daughter’s game and watching her lose all patience. Yelling at Savanna and telling her to do something way different than the coach is telling her to do. Kam is saying one thing and our "smashing" foreign coach is saying another, all the while our daughter is about to have a melt down on the field because she has no clue who to listen to! Kam is so competitive and I honestly love it!
4. Going to my first professional rodeo on Friday night. I was so excited to go and had a blast! Cowboys, cowgirls, Copenhagen, and mutton bustin!! The little kids holding on for dear life on the back of the sheep was a crack up. That was an awesome date night!


5. Lunch at Marv's with Kam on Friday. Not working on Fridays has afforded me the opportunity to not only drop off and pick up the kids at school, but most Fridays have lunch with my wife also. It's these times that I truly do treasure the most.
6. B.Y.U. football! That's right my cougs continue to play well and climb the polls. Thanks Kam for bringing them into my life. While my other teams struggle my new found team puts a smile on my face! Ah yes it's nice to be a coug these days!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will Wonders Never Cease!! This day is truly a Miracle (please read the descriptions of a Miracle on my blog)!! Brent actually said "MY COUGS", I have tears in my eyes!! I want to believe all of this has happened because we have tried to be kind and be such a good example to him but, in my heart, I know that's not true. He loves the Cougs because he loves his wife and because the Cougs are WINNERS
!! Oh well, whatever it takes! We love you Brent and welcome you to the Light Side.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

WOW!!! That's all I can say is WOW! I don't know which one to say WOW more about? You going to a rodeo and having fun or you becoming a Cougs fan. WOW! Well I'm sure glad to see that Kami and the Little's are bringing you around to the finer things in life!
We love you!
JoLynn

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Anybody who belives him should be shot. 2 years ago in a bowl game with the Y and Ucla. everyone wanted them to win but nope not brent he said he would never be a fan. So this is all a show if ASU was winnig he would'nt care anything about BYU its all an act. Dont listen to the band wagon billy I mean the band wagon brent!
Blake-The True ASU FAN!!!
P.S. Are you a Packer's fan now too?

Anonymous said...

Brent; I just read your Sunday Six and couldn't believe my eyes. I am so happy you are turning into a Cougar fan. That's what love does for you. Really you know you can like more than one team. And besides your kids may go to BYU some day and then what choice do you have? They have always been a good team, except when the guy who followed LaVell took over. But they have really come back. And with you rooting for them who knows how far they will go. I just get goose bumps when you talk abnout your kids and being a Dad. It is way past due. I lover you so much and your little family too.
Have a good Sunday evening.
Grandma

The fly-fisherman said...

What?! All I have heard for the last 7 months is CRAP about being a Cougar. And now you cheer for them?! Welcome to the finer things in life Brent! Isn't it fun to cheer for an UNDEFEATED team?! Next year's ASU vs. BYU game is going to be so much fun!!! BTW, I wrote Harvey Unga and told him he couldn't enter the draft until after next year's season. He's going to have your Sundevils for lunch.

Anonymous said...

Well it is a good thing you didnt move to tucson, or else you would be a wildcat fan. This is unbelievable WILBUR.(oh I mean Brent)

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Although I LOVE and appreciate the loyal support of my dear sweet Hubby...what Blake said is 100% TRUTH!!! If ASU had a leg to stand on these days BYU would be dropped kicked and hurled over a near by fence into a large poo filled pasture.
He knows what seeing him in his blue Y shirt does to me...and if ASU would win a game the Sparky nightie would emerge from the night stand drawer...I tell ya...its all for the LOVIN...people!!

Marianne said...

Well, well, well...Uncle Dee is going to love this one! Go Big Blue!

I love hearing you talk about being a Dad. It makes me smile just thiking about it!

Oh, Dee just called me and I read the blog entry to him...after he laughed and fell off of his chair he was literally SPEECHLESS! You continue to amaze us !

Gena said...

I won't give you too much crap about your amazing celestial turn around, Brent, but it sounds like your sweet wife has your # (drop kicking teams that are losing). And Kami really needs to keep an eye on you, betting with a child! Are you going to get a grip on the gambling problem anytime soon? You sound very happy and that's really all that matters!