"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Brent's Sunday Six

1. Kami Michele Ellsworth! She loves me, defends me, understands me, laughs with me, and isn't afraid to tell me how it is when needs be. We had a wonderful time this weekend with family. Since we met and were married fairly quick I feel like I have to be a little selfish with her and the kids and my family. They don’t get to be around us much so in a sense they are still getting to know them a little and vice versa. This weekend was a good time for her to see what Thanksgiving is like at the house and good for everybody to be around her. She fits in so well! I honestly couldn’t have envisioned this going any better. I love her and am excited to share her and the kids with so many more people!


2. The family. It was fun to be around the ones I love. A lot of laughs and a lot of good food! I’m thankful to be a part of my family. I owe a lot to all of them. They have and will always be there for me. They are good people, all different, and all unique. They are the ones I want to be with in the end. We are living proof that life has challenges, some harder than others. I’m so grateful for those who choose to fight the fight with the help of the Lord. Thanks for being who you are!


3. A job that continues to be busy. It allows me to help pay the bills and help provide a roof over our heads!

4. Gas prices. 1.54 a gallon with the purchase of a car wash! 1.79 without a car wash. Either way I’m enjoying it 'cause I dang sure know it ain't gonna last!

5. A Sun Devil win! ASU 34 UCLA 9. Our offense sucks but it's a win and with all the problems that have come from this year I’m gonna take it. After we stomp the hell out of U of A this week we will be bowl eligible and have an outside shot at playing the Y in a bowl game. Be afraid Little family, Be very afraid!


6. The smile on my face right now. I worry about a lot of things these days, but my smile is back and I owe a lot to a lot of people!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent
I just read your comments and they left me feeling so happy. All is right with the world right now. I have always been around men who aren't afraid to express their love and you are no exception. Grandpa and his two boys never saw each other that they didn't give each other hugs and it always made me feel so grateful. And you are not afraid to express your love for your father and brother. I am so happy that you have Kami and the kids. You don't even have to tell me how happy you are and how much you love them. It shows in your eyes. I am so glad I got to see you both this past weekend. It is a time I will always treasure. It just had to end too soon. Enjoy every minute of your life. God bless both of you and those sweet kids.
Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Regarding Number 5...you're kidding, right??

Stephanie said...

Brent you're awesome! I am so happy for you and Kami. I agree with #5! We have season tickets to BYU but we had season tickets to ASU before moving here and we were raised to root for the Devils. But if BYU and ASU played I think we would have to go for the Devils. I don't know, for me it might be a tough call but for David there is no question that he would be rooting for the Devils all the way!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

On behalf of the "Little" Family all I have to say is 10-2 verses 5-6...ASU isn't even ELIGIBLE...can you hear my teeth chattering???...that's because THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!
But I love you anyway babe!!

Gena said...

You are adorable, Brent. I pray for your safety in the on going football rivalry, even if you're not on the Lord's side.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Loved your Sunday Six. It was so good to get to be with you guys this last weekend. We really enjoy getting to see you guys. We love you.
JoLynn

JoJo and Ralph said...

What ever Sun Devils... the referees of that game were the Quarterback's dad and the wide receiver's second cousin on his mother's side. I would rather lose by a hundred points than win on straight up rotten calls.

Anonymous said...

That Lund girl is MY daughter and we watched that game together and we saw, very clearly, how it all went down and you're right, Brent, your offense does suck! Love ya.

Marianne said...

OH my goodness! Brent! Watch out for those Little Ladies! THey are tough! All I want is for football to be over...

...and I love your smile too!

JoJo and Ralph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoJo and Ralph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoJo and Ralph said...

Sup B! What gang sign are you flashing?