
This last weekend Brent and I took a quick trip to Las Vegas to witness two very dear friends get hitched! We were so honored to get to be a part of Tim and Stephanie's special day. The two of them...similar to Brent and I...have had much heartache the past few years. They too have been blessed through their trials by finding one another, a loyal companion, a true best friend.
It made me appreciate Brent just that much more. I am so lucky to have him. I am forever blessed because he is in my life daily, loves me more than I thought possible, comforts me, encourages me, strengthens me and holds me close whenever possible. It is funny how we go throughout our lives thinking we know what we want and what is best for us...believing that we are happy and content. Then something...or in my case, someone, is put in our path and it's like you wake up from a "settlement coma"...one where you have just been settling for the bare minimum...minimum happiness, minimum expectations, minimum confidence...and BAM your eyes are opened to an eternal perspective and the Lord has once again shown you that He has everything under control.

What a fun weekend. What a memorable weekend.
Good luck Tim and Steph on your new journey together. We love you both.
It was also so fun to see old friends...yeah that's right..."40 year old friends"


2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! Brent, you look smashing in that color!!
Cute pictures! I'm glad you were able to go the wedding and show your support of Tim and Stephanie. I hope they will be as happy as the two of you. In regards to Marianne's comment above...isn't there a singing group called "Smashing" Pumpkins? Hmmm
Post a Comment