"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, March 2, 2009

Just Some DAY Six by Kami

This past week has been a long week. Brent has been working nights, out of town all week...and I have been busy keeping up the fort here at home. Many things have happened this week that have made my life better and happier...
#1 Brent was called and sustained as a counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency.

Now to many of you this wouldn't seem like such a big deal. But for me it was a moment that I will never forget and always cherish. This is the first time in my life I have had a husband who was worthy to receive a calling like this...not only worthy but willing and able. As he sat in his chair with hands on his head the spirit filled me and I felt how remarkable my husband truly is. His blessing was specific, detailed and somewhat overwhelming but at the same time assuring and calming to me. He is amazing to me. I have been so blessed this year to have him lead our home with the power of the Priesthood. He is my example and I love him.
#2. Date night.

Brent and I needed some alone time after our long far away work week. We went to dinner and bowling at the Ghetto Bowl in St George. We didn't quite play as well as we trash talked but we enjoyed each other none the less. One game Matilda...One game Wendell! A tie works!

#3 Lunch with friends

This week I was lucky enough to get to go to lunch two days with friends. The first lunch was to IHop for FREE pancakes. Aaron is always looking out for free food and I am fortunate to be on his free food friend calling list!
Then on Friday I spent the afternoon with Julie and Saddie. Julie and Saddie were two of my very first friends here in St George. We tackled the 14th ward together along with Tonya...and called ourselves the Tooties...not sure where that came from...my guess would be Tonya...she was always coming up with nicknames for everything. Since then we have all gotten married, Saddie had a couple kids, Julie opened a new Dental office on the hill and we have found our way back to each other. We have started a new monthly lunch tradition and I couldn't be more thrilled!


#4 Sleep Overs

This weekend both Gavin and Savanna had a friend spend the night. Savanna's best friend Macy who lives across the street came along with Grant who has become Gavin's favorite person in the world. I love that our house is filled with neighborhood kids...(well most of the time) I love to listen to the things they all say and how my kids interact with others. Savanna is bossy...she wants to be in charge and for everyone to do EXACTLY as she tells them. Gavin is EXCITED, he can't quite get himself in control. He runs from one room to the next talking really fast and showing off. We loved having the kids over. They are good friends and good examples. We feel lucky to live near and be surrounded by wonderful families and friends.

#5 Bottled Water

I am somewhat of a water snob. Growing up our water faucet was labeled..."Do not drink from the tap if you are under the age of 12 or pregnant"...therefore we have always had some form of bottled cooler water. As an adult I have allowed myself to become accustomed to and only to individually bottled water. Dasani is my water of choice but as long as it has a lid and comes in a plastic bottle...I am pretty satisfied!



#6 COMP TIME!!!

I love working extra hours and building up my comp time. Well really I love USING my comp time. This weekend I have the Lake to Lake Team relay...50 miles of running???...but it equals about 25 hours of comp time. Next Saturday I have the Spectrum 10k...another 15-20 hours...In April I have the Art Festival and the SHAC Tri...Come June I will be ready for a LONG PAID Vacation!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a happy week, Kam. I, too, feel especially blessed that you have the Priesthood back in your home. It makes all the difference. Thanks to Brent for working so hard, serving in the Church, furthering his education, being a great husband and dad AND NEVER complaining or being crabby!!

Stephanie said...

Kami I don't know if you remember me or not. We met last summer in Cedar City. You and Brent came up to see Brent's Ex in-laws. I am Stephanie. I am married to David Adair. Anyways, I check in on your blog and just love it. I couldn't be happier for you and Brent. Brent deserves someone as good as you! David and I couldn't help but notice that from time to time you guys come to Utah County. We live in Highland and would love to get together with you guys next time you're here. We live just up the hill from the Costco in American Fork if you know where that is. Anyways, keep us in mind and give us a buzz next time your in town. (801)492-0088 Our blog is adairfamilyutah.blogspot.com And tell Brent that we are proud of his conversion to BYU. Go Cougars!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so happy about Brent's new calling! He has always been a wonderful priesthood leader and a great example to all of us. I'm glad that you get to have that priesthood in your home!
I'm also glad that you and Brent were able to go on a date together. I know it's hard having him gone and working like he is. That is so funny Brilynn's best friend's name is Macy too and she lives next door. Your kids are way sweet and we sure do miss them. I'm glad to hear that they are doing good!
Well I hope you have a terrific week.
Love ya!

Saddie said...

Gotta love the Ghetto Bowl! But I'm not much a water bottle fan having grown up with fresh spring water coming out of the tap. Spoiled! Of course, it makes living anywhere else difficult. It was great to see you last week and I'll try to get my tooshie in gear and upload that pic.

Missy said...

I'm so glad you had fun, and congratulate Brent on his calling for me. Oh, by the way, you are not the only water snob, I refuse to drink anything other than bottled water, and Disani would be my favorite as well. LOL Have a great week.

Marianne said...

What a nice week! Hey, Brent looks like he did in his missionary photos...glowing and happy! You have a lot to do with that Kami!
Love you both!