"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, March 23, 2009

My SIX in a way!

This week was EVENTFUL!

1. Dr. Winward. Last Thursday night while Brent and I were BOWLING (that's for you Kendra)my stomach began to hurt...very BAD! I was up all night in pain...crawling around on the bathroom floor. I thought Brent was going to have to take me to the ER but somehow I made it through the night. The weekend came and I was still in pain although not as bad...but again Sunday night it got worse. First thing Monday morning I went in to my doctor's office...he was unable to see me so I saw the on-call doctor...Dr. Tracy Winward. After A LOT of blood work, an exam and ultrasound she discovered that I had an ovarian cyst rupture, bleed out and form a 2-3 inch blood clot in my gut! I guess the ER would have been a good idea??? After three days of blood work and another exam...surgery was recommended but not required. I opted out of surgery and took bed rest instead. I love doctors and am grateful for technology!

2. Bed Rest! It was so nice "taking it easy" for a few days. I had to speak at a URPA conference this week so as soon as that was done I was home bound and in bed...Doctor's Orders!

3. Laughlin. Since the kids were with Mike for Spring Break, I was on bed rest and Brent has to work this week out of town we decided to relax in Laughlin for the weekend. One pedicure, two days by the pool, a weekend FULL of March Madness...with 8 big screen TV's, a smoke-free casino, buffet's, a hot tub and an extra large KING size bed...I believe I am feeling better! It really was a fun weekend. I just love spending time with Brent. He makes me laugh and he takes good care of me! (I took pictures but will post them later)

4. Beautiful Weather. Spring is here and Summer is coming!

5. Gavin and Savanna come home today! Since they were little their dad and I have shared time with them. I must admit being a single mom I always enjoyed a few days of ME time...and nothing has changed in that regard BUT having them gone for over a week is just TOO long. I miss them and I need my house to be messy, noisy and full of neighborhood children again!


6. Brent! He will always be my favorite SIX. He has had some ups and downs these last couple months, I just LOVE how much he worries about every detail and how sensitive his heart is AND even when he is feeling sad he can always put a smile on my face...he has the ability to be positive even when he doesn't want to be, he can calm me down in an instant and he and I can laugh our way through anything. He works so hard and is such a great dad and husband. Each week, each day, each minute...my life is better because of him.

11 comments:

Gena said...

Wow, Kami, I'm so glad you're okay! I think we, as women, are so busy taking care of everything else we don't do enough for ourselves. This is why I was happy to read on and see that you did a little bit of something for you! Give Brent a big hug from me and love those kids!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your SIX, Kam. I'm glad you took the doctor's advice and had a nice, quiet, relaxing, fun weekend and that you're feeling better. I'm also glad the kids are coming home today, I miss them too. You're right, your life IS better because of Brent, you really did hit the jackpot. That is such a cute picture of he and Savanna, the kids hit the jackpot too!

Karen Carter said...

Maybe its my pms but I am bawling reading this post. You are so stinkin precious and I am so grateful that you are feeling better. I believe a nice hotel with the hubby can make any girl better. But how scary! So glad you are ok and that you have such a sweet darling man to share these bumps in life with.And also so glad that your adorable kids are headed home!
Have a good week and keep blogging. They bring me so much joy

McArthurs said...

I knew "BOWLING" was never a good idea. Just kidding... I am happy you are feeling better. I have been checking your blog waiting for an update so I am happy you finally posted. Hope you are feeling up to zumba on Thurs.. we need you there to complete our dance team.

Saddie said...

Ha ha! When I read "Dr. Winward" I thought you were about to announce you were expecting! But, YIKES! I'm so glad you're feeling better and that you got to be spoiled sweet! (as opposed to being spoiled rotten)

PS I love your black and white photos. Such a fun little crew you've got.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Wow I was so upset to hear about you not feeling well and all that you had to go through. We sure wish we would have known so we could have been praying for you. I'm glad that you are feeling better now and that you were able to rest, relax, and enjoy some time with Brent this last week. Speaking of Brent I hope that he is doing o.k. too. I'm sorry that he's been having a rough time. We sure love you guys and we miss you tons. Take care!
All our love, JoLynn

Bryan and Lyndsey said...

I wish we would have known about you too. Sounds like it hurt. Good to hear all is better now. I hope Brent is okay too.

JoJo and Ralph said...

I hope that you blew that picture of Brent and Sav up to a 24X36 and hung it somewhere great. That is a fabulous picture. It spoke 1001 words to me. They are very lucky to have him. Hope that you are feeling better. I hear that those hurt really bad. Our family is so cysty... dang it.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I have neglected you guys as far as keeping in touch. Kanni I am so sorry about your little bout with the cyst. I'll change that word "little". It is not such a little thing. I am so relieved that you are ok. I am also glad you had that wonderful weekend in Laughlin. As always it made me feel so happy to hear your words of appreciation for Brent. I have always known he is special, but then people would say I am prejudiced. I don't care. I know a good thing when I see it. Hug those sweet kids for me and know that I love you all very much. Grandma Helen

Anonymous said...

What a cute family! I LOVE the new picture!

Missy said...

Oh my goodness Kami, I am glad you are alright, those little buggers are no fun, been there. I'm glad you got some TLC time and rest, those moments always help. No more BOWLING, LOL!