"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

E.R. What does it really stand for??


Last week Brent and I started our new E-xercise R-outine to get in better shape for the summer. While we were out Brent started having a pain in his chest. This pain lasted several days and was not getting any better. Yesterday it must have gotten worse because he openly admitted that he was in pain which is E-xtremely R-are and after work Brent headed straight to Instacare in search of some E-cho R-elief. After visiting with a doctor and a few tests taken they sent him to the E-mergency R-oom.

After my E-xaggerated R-eaction I took the kids to mom and drove speedily to the hospital...Where I found my sweet husband lying in a hospital bed, hooked up to five different machines with tubes up his nose and multiple wires coming from his chest. I instantly jumped on board the nearest E-motional R-ollercoaster! Talk about pains in your chest...my heart sank. He looked so helpless lying there...and yet being Brent...he was mostly irritated to be there but after a few swear words and thrown punches in the air I think he felt better.

We "patiently" waited for the doctor and the test results...in a room next door to a man with an E-xcessive R-alphing situation going on! Once the Doctor returned with the news that everything looked normal and healthy I was E-latedly R-eassured that Brent was going to be just fine...but that this day was going to put us in our own E-conomic R-cession. They released Brent and sent him home with a diagnosis of Pleurisy and recommended rest and anti-inflammatory three times a day!

When I pulled out my camera the E-mbarrassing R-ealization hit Brent that this was going to be a blogging moment!


Today he is back at work...NOT RESTING!
I just want to say Thank You to our wonderful families for your INSTANT help and for your prayers. Thanks Lyndz for the call to the Temple. We love you all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Little Darling!! We all need these little humbling moments from time to time, the hospital can be so humiliating! I'm so happy it was nothing serious, Brent...we don't like these kinds of scares...so knock it off!!! I just want to go on the record that I diagnosed this as pleurisy a few days ago (remember?), also a pulled muscle which I still think is a possibility. Take it easy while I'm gone.

Anonymous said...

Kami, I felt instantly sick when I saw the picture of Brent. So relieved that hes ok! Hey, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. We need to do lunch soon! Love ya

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

We are all so relieved that he is going to be just fine. Please take care! We love you all!

JoLynn

Marianne said...

Not fun! Sorry for you both, having to endure the ER. I know how Brent must have hated that. So glad it was nothing serious. I suffered with pleurisy as a young girl so I know what he was going through. It's so painful and there's not much you can do about it. Sending prayers your way.

Brent, Kami owes you BIG TIME for that picture!

McArthurs said...

I am so happy that Brent is OK.. that must have been so scary. At least you got a good pic of Brent out of it. :)

JoJo and Ralph said...

Are you serious? What the HELL is going on? I leave for 10 months and several children break bones, Kami and Brent are in the hospital. Kori gets some rare shoulder injury. Please!! I love that I get to hear about it on the blog too. That is the raddest part of all. Am I still part of this family? Is it too much to ask for all of you to stay indoors and sit quietly on the couch with you arms folded?

PS May I suggest we all put on SARS masks and stock pile food too with this pig flu going around, surely one of you crazies will be sure to pick that up too. Glad you are still with us Brent, wouldn't be the same without you

Saddie said...

Kami, that was such a funny blog about a completely unfunny topic. I'm glad you're keeping your sense of humor, but mostly I'm glad that things are relatively okay. Good luck getting Brent to rest!

The fly-fisherman said...

Wow- Live right here in St. George. Even work at the hospital. Yet, I am the last to know. Hmmm. Sorry Brent to hear you were in the hospital. What I have found is that if you weren't sick going in, you sure as heck will be when you leave. Hope you feel better. You know, I could have hooked you up to an EKG for FREE! Just a thought. Chest pain is one of my specialties.

Julianne said...

That is no fun! I'm glad that everything is ok.