Nothing beats family and that SAMPLER PLATTER...minus tomatoes and a couple tostadas.

Saturday we woke early again for more exercise, more football and more reading for me (I purchased another book in AZ so I could read while the boys played football...although it is hard to read with four letter words being spewed out at a rapid rate, controllers being thrown across the room and head height and grown men crying)
That afternoon after the tears had stopped we went over to the Mortensen's for a family BBQ with more food than ever before. We had brats, hamburgers, salmon, ribs...and that was just the stuff on the grill. I don't think I ate as much in the entire week prior as I did in that one meal...and so the rhea set in. I think EVERYONE was feeling it. YIKES!

Of course there was game playing, more yelling, more name calling, more swearing...even a couple "SHUT UP's" from our most humble and obedient Morty! We played 7 up, 99 and then we went upstairs for the WII Bowling Tournament of Champions. I must admit when Brent and I play against one another ANYTIME we are seldom victorious BUT when we join forces we are unstoppable!
And the WINNERS of the FOUR IN A ROW GAME WINNING STREAK are...Unless we are bloated, gas-ious, have headaches setting in, it is 9:30 and past our bedtime...all of these excuses I am using as reasons to why we sucked it up later during the RE-MATCH!
Brent and I left for St. George Sunday morning before anyone was up...it was a long drive and we were sad to be heading home...but this morning I am already making plans for our next Arizona visit...hopefully next month!
We love all you Ellsworths...thanks for the GREAT weekend!

5 comments:
It was good to see you! We enjoyed your visit. We love you! Thanks for all the fun and trash talking!
The weekend sounds like a blast...or bloat, well whatever, I'm glad you had so much fun. The food on the grill looks to die for...and the family all around...even better! I'm with you on Conner...I want to be one of his cheerleaders too, talk about to die for!!
Who ate all of those wieners??? Holy heart attack Batman!
I read this post with much jealousy and envy and everything else...I miss my AZ family! Nothing more fun than a bunch of Zonies in the same room together!
PS...If you love the desert it is because it is HOME and your heart will always be there!
I am so glad to see that you are sooo happy! I have seen you thru your ups and downs and I love to see you sky high...you deserve this laughter in your life. I was laughing while reading this post...of course sports would not be the same with out a few four letter words.... Hope you get a chance to enjoy that book now that you are home. Hope to see you soon. Julie
How Fun!! It looks like non stop adventures. I am so glad that you had fun, but am glad that you are home safe too.
Post a Comment