My mom posted about up and coming things/events in her near future that she is looking forward to and asked others to share the same...so here I go...
1. Gavin and Savanna coming home. Brent and I are driving up north this next weekend to spend some time with them before they head to Puerto Rico for a couple weeks...but visiting them is NOT the same as having them home. Like I mentioned previously this is the longest they have ever been away from me and it is a struggle to say the least. I have a calendar on my desk at work and I am on the X-out count down until they are home safe and sound, close to their mom...where they should be.
2. Arizona. Brent and I are going to Arizona here in the next couple weeks. Last year we tried to go as often as possible but the last time we were able to go was before Christmas...its been a long time...too long! Living here in St. George has allowed Brent to get to know my family quite well...which I am happy about...but at the same time has NOT allowed for me to get to know his family...which I feel I am missing out on. So I look forward to our time spent in Arizona with my other family!
3. Our USA Minor League Baseball TOUR. Brent and I have been ANXIOUSLY planning our vacation next summer. We (actually I) decided to drive across the country and hit as many Minor League ball games as we can along the way. We were looking up teams on the internet...which we finally broke down and purchased since we no longer can thieve it from our neighbors...and saw the most amazing Minor League ball park in Quad-Cities. I got so excited to go there that I changed our entire previous trip plans just so we could go see the River-Bandits! I figured Brent wouldn't care and would probably think I was super SEXY for even considering it! So next year will take us out to the ball game...several in fact!
4. Chicagoland. I never thought in a million years that I...Kami Michele Little Ellsworth (who is not, nor has EVER been WHITE-TRASH) would NOT only be watching...but enjoying, looking forward to and following a driver in the Nascar Sprint Cup Series. Brent and I will hopefully be able to plan our trip so that we can be in Chicago next year for the Chicagoland race. I have to be honest and say that the thought makes my heart race a little...which beats the HELL outta me! GO KYLE!!!!
5. 2009 All-Star Game. 9 of our precious Roadrunners made the All-Star team this year including my favorite player AJ Valentine. Brent and I will be in the front row watching, cheering, singing and enjoying another home town ball game.
6. I too am looking forward to football season...technically COLLEGE football. BYU winning!!!
ASU winning??? Trips to Provo!!! Trips to Arizona??? For my sake and our children's sake I sure hope that ASU comes to play this year...I don't know if we can make it through another year of a moping, swearing, pouting DAD. If they haven't replaced their offensive line with some guys that can block and protect our quarterback...then we are SCREWED!!! That's all I am saying!
7. University of Phoenix. Brent is going back to school. Yep that's right. I would like to think he is finally feeling the pressure of being married to a BYU Graduate, having a wife who is just so dang smart...but I think he just realized he wants more for himself...for our family. I am so proud of him for making this decision. It is not easy going to college, working full-time, having a demanding church calling and being the father of two...but I know he will benefit...not only intellectually, but spiritually as well. I believe he will gain more confidence and self-assurance. He just amazes me. He is so much more than I had ever hoped to find...with or without a college degree. :)
Most of all I am just looking forward to waking up tomorrow next to my best friend, being healthy and happy, having a testimony that continues to grow, becoming a better mom each day, learning from my trials, being a better friend and living worthy to feel and be directed by the Spirit. Each new day is a day filled with opportunity to be better, to love more and to feel love...this is what I look forward to.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Great post Kam! You've got lots going on. I especially loved the last paragraph, you're a very together girl...I wonder who your mother is, she did a great job!!
sounds like a good plan I wish we could join you... most of all I am proud of you for paying for internet I was a little concerned having friends that were law breakers... :)
You guys have lots to look forward to and that is great! All the trips you have planned sound like a dream come true for Brent. I'm sure you guys will enjoy yourselves!
I'm very proud of Brent of for making the decision to go back to school. That is a big commitment and a lot of work and I'm proud of him for taking that on.
We too are looking forward to getting to see you guys. However, we are sure sad that we will not get to see Sav and Gav. Give them hugs for us and let them know that we sure love and miss them!
Have a great week and take care!
Love you all,
JoLynn
What in the world? Who are you? And what have you done with my sister? Nascar??? Are you kidding me? That is just taking it too far. They are cars. And they go around in a circle. The same circle. Over and over. At one race I believe it's 500 times. Oh my goodness. I think that you and Brent should buy a single wide and park it in our backyard. I could use the help and you too could sit in lawn chairs all day watch little cars go in circles. Just kidding...I will try and not judge. Maybe this weekend you could enlighten me. I will try to keep an open mind.
Wow- I guess it has been awhile since we have visited. Congrats to Brent for going back to school. It will be tough, but well worth it I am sure. I, too, am looking forward to Gavin and Savanna coming HOME. We miss them. I can agree with many of your thoughts- Roadrunners, vacations, etc. But NASCAR?!! What the?!! Really? I am so shocked. It is one sport(?) that I really DON'T understand. Anyway- good job Brent for converting you over. Just promise me you won't shave your driver's number on your head. (I still have access to an old El Camino if you want to drive it to the race)!!!!
So, I propose that you take your kids home with you, and I go in their place to Puerto Rico.... :) Why are they going there??? Also, I highly recommend the minor league team in Frisco, Texas - the Rough Riders...I think.... Anyway, awesome ballpark that has a pool in the outfield that you can rent and watch the game from!!!! :) Miss ya!!!
Just got home and got all caught up on you darling "Littles" Sounds like you have been having lots of fun! And I love this idea of a post. I will try to do one soon too. You are all as cute as ever doing amazing things in your life! Good job you!
Post a Comment