"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, February 14, 2011

Be MY Valentine

Valentine’s Day has always been a peculiar holiday in my opinion. I mean it is really wonderful IF and ONLY IF you have someone in your life who loves YOU! If you don’t then you are hosed…big time…and it is a torturous day filled with plenty of tears and broken hearts.

Even though I can’t recall an actual Valentine’s Day that I DIDN’T have someone to celebrate with I still have always had mixed emotions about this day…UNTIL of course I had Brent and then EVERY DAY became Valentine’s Day! Every day of my life now is filled with LOVE incomparable to anything I have ever had or felt…so who needs to celebrate Valentine’s Day when in fact all you need to do each day is wake up and WAHLAH...HAPPINESS, LOVE and AFFECTION!

This year Brent and I decided to make Valentine’s Day about the kids. So we bought cards, made invitations and I asked Gavin and Brent asked Savanna to “Be MY Valentine”. It was up to the kids to plan our dates…where, what and how we were to celebrate our Heart-Day. They were allowed to choose between

A. Dinner and Dessert
B. Activity and Dessert

This is a really great idea IF you are the parent who gets to go with the child who likes making decisions and has the ability to find loop-holes in the system and chooses Pirate Island Pizza where we eat pizza and bread sticks, play fun arcade games, win TONS of tickets with which we bought TREATS…both A and B combined! He truly is BRILLIANT!



But when you are the parent who invites the indecisive child on a date and she is stressed for three days wracking her brain trying to come up with a plan and then the poor little girl picks the first thing she randomly stumbles across which just happens to be a movie starring Jack Black of all people, playing at the St George Ghetto $1 Theater that was built by Brigham Young himself (I’m Sure) and has since then NEVER been remodeled…the evening may seem a little “LAME”. Until the Grandpa and his 18 grandchildren children attended the same movie.
I think Brent added in dinner at Panda just to spice things up a bit and spend some quality time with his little girl.



Our Date-Night Valentine’s Day was a success as long as Gavin and Savanna enjoyed themselves and felt even a LITTLE of the ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF LOVE their parents have for them. They are without a doubt two of the greatest kids on the earth…we are LUCKY to get to spend almost every day with them.

Next week they head back up to SLC for the Holiday weekend…that is when MY Lover and I get to do our own kind of Valentine’s Day celebrating…va-va-va-VOOM!
Until then…enjoy the love in your life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea and a very fun night (except for maybe the $1 theater!) It looks like you and Gavin got the memo about RED being the color to wear on Valentine's Day...what's up with that GREEN shirt of Brent's?? Tonight was definitely a Red Storm Night! It looks like you all had a great time on your dates, I know your kids could feel the LOVE. Happy Heart Day to you ALL!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Those are LUCKY KIDDIES, I tell ya!

Marianne said...

That was a great idea Kami! How nice that you made the kids feel so loved. There is always time for Va-voom later, right?

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That is an absolutely splended idea. You always think of the greatest things. I know that Gavin and Savanna will always remember this special Valentines Day!

Our Valentines Day consisted of me and Brian going to work. Brian taking Blake to long snapping before I got home to see him. I didn't end up getting home from work until a little after 7:00. Conner and Brilynn and I ate a yummy dinner that Brian had made for us and we watched quality tv. OK. not really quality tv but it we were together and did enjoy one another. Brian and Blake got home around 8:45, just in time for scriptures and prayers. SO needless it wasn't fun dates for Valentines Day like yours. However, Brian still got me beautiful roses and one of the most sweetest cards ever! The kids seemed to be all in good moods which as you know is quite an accomplishment as of late with our oldest child. SO all in all it was a delightful Valentines Day, mainly because there were no tears shed and no yelling:)

Someday, I am going to plan and do the best Valentines day ever for the kids and Brian...someday that is!

I'm glad you guys had a great day!

Love You All!
JoLynn