"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Brent's Reluctant Sunday Six

I, Kami Ellsworth, hereby acknowledge that I FORCED my husband to blog on this the 20th day of February 2011...not quite at gun point but I did threaten to with hold wifely pleasures until he posted...believe me...it didn't take him long!

So here is Brent's Sunday Six that he truly enjoyed deep down!

1. My Wife. She is the love of my life! The very person I think about daily and look forward to seeing every day I come home from work. I would have never thought things would have worked out so perfectly for me but they have. I love everything about her. The best part of life for me is knowing that there is somebody as beautiful as her that loves me.


2. My Valentines date! Monday night I got to spend a night with Savanna. It was a date I will always remember! She chose dinner and a movie. We ate at Panda (one of our favorites) and watched Gulliver’s Travels. The last hour of the movie Sav wrapped her arms around my arm and laid her head on my shoulder. Long ago I thought moments like this would never be a reality for me. I’m so happy I was wrong! I love my daughter and thank Heavenly Father for her daily.

3. My job. I’m so grateful I’m working. I’ve enjoyed some success and enjoy the people I work with.

4. St. George. It wasn’t long ago that I was anti anything Utah! I miss Arizona however this is a great place to live and raise a family. There are good people here. If I had the choice today of moving back to Arizona or staying here in Utah I would choose to stay. I hope there will come a day when my family is able to visit more but for now we will come see you!

5. My calling. I’m the second counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency. I serve with a good group of guys. It’s been two years and counting. I have had some great experiences and look forward to more.

6. Family and Friends. I hope you all really know how much I love and appreciate you. You have all played such a big role in my life. Thanks for the love you not only show to me but to my family as well.

4 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Awww... That's nice. :) Those kiddies are SO lucky to have SUCH a great dad!

Anonymous said...

See Brent, that wasn't so hard now was it?? And if the truth were known, I bet you actually enjoyed every minute of writing this. That was a great Sunday Six, although I could have predicted everything you said because your actions and your little remarks always show how thankful you are for the blessings in your life...one of my favorite things about you. Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts, even though you had to be threatened.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a great post! Thanks so much for sharing. I really needed to hear these things this evening. You are a constant reminder to me of someone that went through some really hard times BUT then because of your faith and endurance, you have been SO GREATLY blessed beyond measure! Thanks for your wonderful example and your deep love and devotion to your family.

We are so looking forward to getting to see you in a couple of weeks!

Love You All,
JoLynn

Marianne said...

I am so happy for you Brent! I love that you call Savanna your daughter! She adores you too. I can see it in her eyes!
Now, be a good boy and don't make Kami threaten you again!