"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, February 13, 2011

In the words of Run DMC...We Be ILLIN'

This morning Brent and I were laying in bed comparing the noises that our clogged nasal passages made…that’s how sick we are!...and by WE I mean Brent, Savanna and I. Somehow Gavin has escaped this death that has become us!

Sore throats, congestion, massive headaches, fever, body chills, sneezing, coughing and NO SLEEP!

We have tried Alka-Seltzer, Sinex, Thera-Flu, Benadryl, Vicks…to NO avail.
Anyone know the trick??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TIME...it heals all wounds.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

I am in the same boat. AGAIN. This is my 7th cold in the last 12 months! I'm PISSED! I'm going to have my tonsils taken out.

These things have to run their course, however, a few things that have worked for me are:
*sucking on Cold Eeze as much as you can, but do NOT have them on an empty stomach or you'll get sick off your @$$.
*Drink TONS of water, cranberry and orange juice, but 30 minutes apart from your Cold Eeze since they have different properties that inhibit absorption of the other.
*Last night I took Western Family's Night Relief Free Multi-symptom cold/flu. (I don't know why it says night time free, because it has 10% alcohol and it knocked me OUT for almost 12 hours solid.)
*Humidifiers help immensely with the cough as well as Vicks Vapor Rub on the bottom of your feet - and put socks on afterward so your body can absorb it.
*Salty soups -brothy with veggies helps too.

Get well soon! I feel your pain! -Literally. :~S

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

We feel your pain here at our house as well! I started the cycle of it, I am just now starting to feel and sound like myself again. Then Blake had a touch of it and now poor Brian has been fighting it now for awhile. Finally, this last week his poor bod just gave in and he has felt pretty crummy! I will tell you what helped me to sleep through the night is coating myself up with that good ol' "Wintercrest" that stuff saved my life. I would put it all over my neck and chest a little on my lips and in my nostrils and wala...breathin and sleepin like a baby! It was a miracle worker I tell ya! Brian swears by Vicks NyQuil but only if you can sleep the stuff off, otherwise it's not to good. I have to say that Nancy is probably right though, time. Time heals all wounds:)

Good luck to you all! We'll pray for you all to have a speedy recover!

Love ya,
JoLynn

Kaci said...

And yet you can blog!!! That is a sure sign that this too will pass. Take it from the sickness master... it comes and goes...and comes again

The fly-fisherman said...

We've had all that with diarrhea and puke added into the mix! Poor mom is probably still doing laundry from Gracie's up-chuck all over her guest bed. Wish I knew the cure... if you find one, pass it along!

Marianne said...

I hope the three of you feel better soon! I recommend hot steamy baths, Vicks, and EmergenC!