Gavin had decided he wanted to do a jungle habitat for Monkeys...so we ran to the craft store and from 6:30-7:00 (FHE started at Papa and Nanas at 7) we (meaning ME) threw together this...not sure if it is what Mrs. Beck was asking for but this is what she got!

Oh the joys of school projects...I remember when we used to have to create replicas of the Missions in California...out came the sugar cubes and Plaster of Paris and Dad went to work...they always received the highest grade and highest recognition. Thanks Dad...now I know how you felt staying up all night finishing OUR project that was due in 7 hours! :)

5 comments:
What Goes Around Comes Around... It is a very cute habitat, you had a good teacher!!
It looks great! Memories of dioramas and projects are racing through my mind. In retrospect they're all good, even melting my nail bed with hot glue. As I cried, and swore, my son asked me if I'd broken a nail. I loved it all!
I'm jealous... yours turned out way cuter than mine. Grant chose a desert habitat. I threw some sand paper for the bottom, and Garrett and Grant made cacti out of play-dough. Instead of monkeys, we threw in some snakes and lizards. BORING! But the desert is supposed to be boring. Oh well, it is finished.
Loved the missions. Remember dad tried to save mine so he wouldn't have to do a new one for you... and we got mice in the garage. So sad. He's still helping with our projects (marathon and HWSG volunteer). Poor guy. Sometimes I think he really likes it.
Your little monkey land turned out very cute. Way to hustle.
Ahh.. the joys of last minute projects! It's amusing to me that no matter how much warning a teacher gives, the poor parents never know about it until the night before. Your blog is super cute (of course)! And your two little ones are not nearly as little as I remember them! They're still as cute though. It's funny that the two things I remember best about your children are light bulbs and "ridiculous".
Post a Comment