"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, May 11, 2009

Motherhood...

"The easiest part of being a mother is giving birth. The hardest part is showing up for it each day."

Mothers Day...This is traditionally the day when children give something back to their mothers for all the spit they produced to wash dirty faces, all the old gum their mothers held in their hands, all the noses and fannies that were wiped, and all the bloody knees that were " made well" with a kiss. This is the day mothers are rewarded for washing all those sheets in the middle of the night, driving kids to school when they missed the bus and enduring all the football games in the rain. It's appreciation day for making them finish something, not believing them when they said, "I hate you," and for sharing their good times and their bad times.

Too bad this day only comes once a year!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comment sounded so true. It is hard but so worth it. I wouldn't trade my years as a mother for antthing. Sometimes I wish I could have everything just as it was when they were little, if just for a day. I have so many sweet memories of my Grandkids too, when they were little. I have a million dollars worth of my memories alone. And it has all been worth it. That is what I have to keep me going on and being happy. Hug the kids for me. I love you all.
Grandma Helen

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wondered why we celebrate Mother's Day...now I get it!

Karen Carter said...

First thing when I got home I got caught up on the "Little" blogs! So happy that your week was filled with so much joy and family. A perfect way to spend the days. And Happy mothers Day to you!! You deserve many claps and high fives on two great kids.
Hugs Karen~

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I hope your Mothers Day was great! It sounded great! I also enjoyed reading about your week last week. It sounds like you guys are all doing well.

I wanted to tell you that I have a dear friend that I work with who has a daughter that is just a doll and she's also a runner. While I was doing my training she was one of my biggest supporters. She was always leaving me comments on my blog with words of encouragement. Anyway, I looked onto her blog this evening and what do I find. This post that reads "I Got Into the St. George Marathon." I couldn't help but chuckle a minute. As I read about her excitement and what a big deal it was to get drawn I just had to tell her that I was related to the famous "Kami Ellsworth" who is the woman behind that event. Anyway, check out her blog it's on my blog under friends and family- her name is Alicia Clouse.

Well take care! Love you all!

JoLynn

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I hope your Mothers Day was great! It sounded great! I also enjoyed reading about your week last week. It sounds like you guys are all doing well.

I wanted to tell you that I have a dear friend that I work with who has a daughter that is just a doll and she's also a runner. While I was doing my training she was one of my biggest supporters. She was always leaving me comments on my blog with words of encouragement. Anyway, I looked onto her blog this evening and what do I find. This post that reads "I Got Into the St. George Marathon." I couldn't help but chuckle a minute. As I read about her excitement and what a big deal it was to get drawn I just had to tell her that I was related to the famous "Kami Ellsworth" who is the woman behind that event. Anyway, check out her blog it's on my blog under friends and family- her name is Alicia Clouse.

Well take care! Love you all!

JoLynn

Gena said...

Amen.