So School is OUT, the kids have left to go to SLC for a couple weeks, my house is SO CLEAN along with my car and already the house feels so empty and quiet. My baby turns 8 tomorrow and yet I will be at home without her, missing her, in my SUPER clean house.While I was cleaning my house yesterday I was gutting Gavin's room. Underneath his bed I found his school backpack completely STUFFED with papers from an entire years worth of work. As I started to sort through them and throw MOST of them away I came across a stack of papers that were thicker than normal and quite crisp...this caught my attention. The first of the stack of three was a certificate from Sunset Elem School awarding Gavin the "Medal of Friendship", the next an award from his teacher awarding Gavin "The Most Creative" in his class and the last of the stack was a certificate from the State Department of Education that read..." Congratulations Gavin Farr...you are being recognized for scoring in the TOP TEN % of the NATION in your recent testing...both Overall and Science"
WELL YEEHAW!!! He's BRILLIANT!! Yes we knew Gavin was intellectual, we knew his brain worked different than most, we knew he would rather do math during Sacrament meeting than read or color, we knew that he says words that we have to look up in the dictionary later, and we knew he wanted to build a lamp out of a watermelon...BUT...the TOP TEN...that is pretty impressive in my book!
So Congrats to my Smarty Pants...even though he isn't at all organized and could care LESS!

6 comments:
Good for Gavin! That is totally awesome! I knew he was brilliant! That is quite an accomplishment to be in the top 10% of the Nation-SHEESH!!! Way to go Gavin and when your that smart you dont' have to be organized. Someday he can just pay people to organize him:)
Take Care-We Love You All!
JoLynn
Well YEEHAW...he IS brillant! Good Job Gav!! Honestly that boy...if they could have sent him a message on his DS about scoring in the top ten percent, that might have caught his attention...??? Well maybe we can have a party for him when he gets back home.
I agree...congrats on your brilliant son. The talented brilliant ones usually aren't very tidy.Their brains are too busy!
Sorry you won't have Savanna on her big day but she'll be ba-a-ck! Then your house won't be quiet or clean...and you'll be totally happy!
So like a boy! and precious to document this part of his life. Enjoy the empty clean house...it wont be long and they will be home to dirty it again xoxo Karen~
I feel your life is flying by me! So I'm catching up: 1)Savanna's party looks like it was a complete blast and tons of fun, 2) men in tool belts always do it for me, or out of their tool belts... 3)Isn't it a riot that our kids don't think that those nice certificates and recognitions aren't that big a deal? How adorable and sweet and what a happy rush! Just remember that when he's done something quite vexing after he's come home!
most brilliant people aren't organized! I like to think that I'm slowly becoming more brilliant...If you saw my house you'd see how brilliant I am! HA HA! no seriously, Gavin will be so rich someday from being so smart, he can pay someone to be organized for him!! Way to go! :)
Post a Comment