"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Savanna is EIGHT and we think she's really GREAT!

Savanna Layne Farr turns 8 years old today. I can't believe it. She was my perfect, TINY, preemie baby just yesterday...weighing in at 5 lbs. The nurse said she was the most beautiful baby she had ever seen...and I agreed. Now she is EIGHT, TALL, still BEAUTIFUL and my favorite girlfriend.

Here are 8 things we LOVE about Savanna and the things that make her...HER!

1. At least 3 nights a week she comes into our room in tears over a fall she had at school 10 hours before and NOW that "knee" has started to hurt and she CAN'T sleep...unless she has a band aid!!

2. She is the most popular kid on the block. I had to print out "Summer Calendars" for all the 12 neighborhood friends who are ANXIOUSLY waiting...ON MY DOOR STEP...for her to come home from SLC.

3. She is CONSTANTLY talking...and her new thing...she repeats EVERYTHING she says...for example... "Mom you are the best mom EVER"..."I was like Mom you are the best mom EVER". Although it drives us CRAZY...she wouldn't be her if she didn't repeat...I was like...if she didn't repeat!

4. She runs to the door as soon as she hears the garage door opening and eagerly waits for Brent to come in so she can give him a Welcome Home Hug each day!

5. She lays on her bed with her knees bent and legs crossed and she texts her friends...she's an 8 year old teenager. Now I must say...Brent and I did NOT approve the cell phone at the age of 7...that was her other set of parents.

6. She sings like an opera singer while she rocks out to "Sing It" (thank you Nana and Papa). She really feels in her heart that she is the next World Touring Pop Star...and she has the vibrato to prove it!

7. She is so tender hearted. I can't even say her name in tone other than with my sweetest voice or she has her feelings hurt and thinks she is in trouble...and then cries...and then runs to the bathroom to watch herself cry in the mirror...STILL even though she is EIGHT!

8. She complains about everything I feed her...and she asks at least 5 times if she "can be done eating now"?

But seriously...Savanna is kind, she is a wonderful friend, she is accepting and forgiving and is a joy to be with. She loves with all her heart and is sensitive to other people's wants and needs. She is talented and soft spoken. She is polite. She works hard and is always active...never lazy. She is completely beautiful and is an example to me!

We love you Savanna...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Baby Girl!


8 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday Savanna! 8 is a BIG birthday for you! Hope you get to eat a lot of cake!

McArthurs said...

Happy Birthday.. Hope you have a great day and get lots of presents.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My Sweet Savanna! EIGHT years old...I can hardly believe it. You just get more wonderful and beautiful everyday. I hope you will always stay as sweet as you are now. I know our Heavenly Father is pleased with your decision to be baptized and I know He is pleased with you for many others reasons too. I hope you have a perfect birthday...just like YOU!

Gena said...

What a beautiful, wonderful girl to have in the family! Happy Birthday Savanna! Would your family have you any other way?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Savanna! Eight is Great! I have a lot of catching up to do on your blog. The month of May is a blur to me with Jostlyn's graduation keeping me busy and depressed. Love Savanna's baby pic!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Happy Birthday Savanna! We sure hope you know that we love you so so much! We are so sad that we can't come to your baptism. Please know that we'd love to be there! Were so proud of you and your decision to be baptized your such a good girl. Brilynn sure does miss you! You two have so MUCH in common! We love you sweetie!!!


Kami-I just have to laugh at the all the things you said in that post about her. Savanna and Brilynn really are alot alike. Are we sure there not blood related. That whole crying in front of the mirror thing. Brilynn is 10 and she still does that and she also talks to herself in the mirror about how rough life is for her (poor thing). She also is repeats herself at least a half a dozen times. Oh what fun little girls they are. They are also the sweetest little things and we love them so so much! Take Care. Oh yeah, did our birthday card make it there?

JoJo and Ralph said...

We think she is so pretty and can't wait to come for her baptism.