"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What Really Hurts


I wish I had captured the utter TERROR in his face.
The boy went a whole week with a wrist broken in three places and never shed a tear...the minute that saw turned on his mouth dropped open, his voice completely mute and tears just POURED from his eyes. He was scared to DEATH and my heart broke. 10 LONG grueling minutes later it was off and he finally took a breath. He was sweaty, shaky and started to laugh...that hurtful laugh you do when your body aches from exhaustion and you are desperately trying to stop the crying?? It was one of my hardest moments as a mom so far! I went home laid down and started to laugh.
I pray for NO-MORE broken bones!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I'm sooooo sad! Poor little boy! We just got home from taking Allie to Scott to have FOUR warts removed, I almost had a stroke watching the whole thing! I swear, it was bad enough being the mother BUT being the grandmother is really tough!! I'm sorry for Gavin and for YOU, but I'm glad the cast is off and I will also pray for no more broken bones!!

McArthurs said...

So sad... he does look cute watching the nurses every move. I am happy I haven't had to experience anything broke yet I don't think I could handle it. Hopefully your time is done and you or Gavin wont have to go through that again.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh my goodness! That is so sad! Poor little guy! Those are the moments that we as parents just wish we could do for them. I'm sorry you both had to go through that. I will pray also for you No-More broken bones!
Take Care,
JoLynn

Marianne said...

Next time...HEAVEN FORBID!...he will know it won't be that bad! I am probably jinxing my whole family, but we have had five kids and no broken bones...ever! I'm the only one! I did it when I was 13 and ice skating in Phoenix...ironic!

Demarcus Family said...

That brought back memories. When I was 8 I broke my wrist and when they brought out the saw I literally fainted! I woke up on a cot with a washcloth on my head and my cast removed. That saw is terrifying! LOL

Justin and Julie said...

Too bad we can't mend things like on Harry Potter...Poor Guy I feel for him! I hope you don't have any more broken bones...May luck be with you both!

Rebecca said...

Poor Mama! I haven't had the broken bones yet but you can bet I'll be crying my eyes too!!!

JoJo and Ralph said...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I say... but it sure is hard to be a mom somedays. I have immunizations up the ying yang in my near future. I can't handle those at all. I am such a whimp.

JoJo and Ralph said...

Wait... I think now that I am looking at it... it's spelled wimp. I am a bad speller too apparently.