"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Last and quite possibly LEAST!!!


We spent our last DAY in Newport at the Fun Zone in Balboa. After a long week and a lot of sun the previous day we were all feeling a little sluggish...that would explain why Taco Bell and the Fun Zone was our first choice for entertainment...an OLD beat up, rickety, rusted out arcade...where each game cost $.50 to use and lasted about 2.5 seconds and a few worn down barely standing, squeaky and rather UN-safe rides which included a ferris wheel...of sorts...and a carousel that no one...except us...was willing to take a chance on...which cost us more than the gas it cost driving us to Balboa at $3.11 a gallon!

To make a long story...well not really but an uneventful and anti-climatic story...short...
The Fun Zone has a lot to be desired!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Since I've been to the "Fun Zone" a time or two in my life, I can testify that you described it perfectly and, quite frankly, I can't believe that you all actually went there! But, as stated previously, your kids are easy to please so I'm glad you had a good time.