Yesterday I sat in the chapel behind my beautiful daughter and my loving husband dressed all in white...his arm around her and her head on his shoulder and my heart has never been so full. This little girl, from our broken home, with two sets of completely opposite parents stood up for something that was true and right based on her 8 year old testimony and her 8 year old faith. She followed the example of her Savior Jesus Christ and was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and received the Holy Ghost. She set a wonderful example for me yesterday...she never hesitated, she never thought twice...she knew that this was the right choice and entered the water with confidence and love for her Heavenly Father.
There waiting for her in the font was her new dad, worthy to take her hand and lead her into the waters of baptism. I cannot even express the love I feel for him each day...but yesterday was beyond anything I have ever felt. I am not sure why Brent was sent to me or how I will ever live a life worthy of him but I have been truly blessed...blessed to share my life with him, blessed to be loved by him...but most of all blessed to have him lead our home with the Spirit and teach our children the way home to our Father in Heaven.

When referring to those who have been recently baptized people often say..."Remember how you felt this day"...I think that this statement applies to all those who were there yesterday...I know I hope I will ALWAYS remember how I FELT yesterday and the love and appreciation I have for my daughter, my family, my husband and my Savior.


7 comments:
This brought tears to my eyes as I read of this special day! I'm so proud of Savanna and her choice and example to be baptized. I'm so glad that Brent got to baptize Savanna. You all make such a beautiful little family! I love you all! I'm just sorry that we couldn't be there to witness this special day but our hearts were there!
Love You All,
JoLynn
I'm so happy for you and Savanna! I'm so glad that you found such a wonderful man! I know we don't have Identical situations, but i think that I felt similar to what you felt when Ryan blessed Cooper. It just goes to prove that the Lord is indeed mindful of our needs, and he hears our prayers!! Miss you!!!
Such a special day for Savanna and for all of our family. Thanks for all your hard work in making the weekend a wonderful one. Love you!
I am crying just seeing the pictures of Brent with Sav> i have been waiting to see him do this with his kids for a long time and I am glad to see this happen. This is a great day for her and she will always remember it. I am getting excited for Gavyn in August. Actually, he can't wait for it either. We miss you guys a ton.
It was a wonderful baptism. I loved it and am so glad that we were able to come. I think that Savanna will remember it as a great day where a lot of people came to support her. Your house looks and smells amazing and so do you. You will not be allowed to sit anywhere near me in California.
Which brings me to the part where I scold you for putting the whale photo on the blog
Well, you did it to another one...I am crying! I am so happy for YOU and so happy for my Brent! You are the family he has always wanted and deserved. You are such a blessing to him Kami! Savanna looks beautiful and so happy too! I wish I had been there to hug you all and give my big brother a big kiss!
You will always remember that day, and Savanna will too. I know exactly what you did to 'deserve' Brent because you were the kind of woman who raised the daughter you described. You are so right for each other!
AND a huge "THANK YOU" to all the Little People who helped Michael in his life. You have a fabulous family!
Post a Comment