
Friday night Brent and I (minus a couple kids...thanks to Mom and Dad for watching them for us) had the pleasure to meet up with a few Pitton's for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory at Fashion Island. Jim, Shauna, Brad (not a Pitton...but just as funny) and Holly and Mary.
The Pitton's are life long friends of the Ellsworth family...you know the kind...each family has them...the family you spent all your free time with, spent your summer vacations with, all of your holidays and all the memories you have as a child consist of at least one member of that family. Unless you were the "accident" child and were too young to recall any of the stories that everyone insists that you remember!...Got that Mary?? :)
I love how small the world is...and it has even felt smaller this trip...not only did Brent and I share so many similar experiences that didn't include one another...but as we sat at dinner and I got to know the Pitton's a little...we, too, have lives that connect. Holly is friends with a few of my friends growing up, Mary SHOULD be dating one of my favorite boys from Corona...who I thought the world of as a teenager, Brad dated one of my BEST friends in the world...and a little bit less exciting...and quite embarrassing...served his mission with my ex-husband. I guess Brad knowing him on his mission is far less horrifying to me. At least he was still handsome then, had a testimony and wore a suit in the House of the Lord!
I think I enjoyed the evening maybe more than anyone there. I felt right at home and I felt like I was, too, a life long friend having dinner and catching up on old times. I found it rather easy to mingle instead of sitting in a chair with my arms folded and my head cocked to one side!
Thanks Pitton's for taking time out of your lives to spend the evening with us. We hope to do it again soon!

8 comments:
Sounds like a fun time, it really is a Small World After All, isn't it.
I'm so glad that you got to meet up with the Pittons. They are a wonderful family and a lot of fun! And I can't believe what a small world it really is!
Miss you and Love you All,
JoLynn
We loved it too!! It also felt like we had known Kami forever. Brent certainly did it right this time:) Hope we get to see again soon.
I've loved sitting here reading your posts. I've been laughing out loud at the dumb asses; very precious and should be printed out and put in a book somewhere. It's been 16 years since I've seen the Pittons but they are indeed a wonderful family and terrific friends. For years my friends and I have marveled at how small the world of "the church" is. I loved the connections your found, yes, even the DA.
When Dee and I were newlyweds we lived in the Mesa First Ward with Richard, Susan, and the Pittons. What fun times! Richard and Jim were mucho trouble together i.e. changing their babies at church and putting the dirty diapers in OUR HOT CAR! I'll never forget the sight of Susan and Shauna with their roller skates on pushing their babies in strollers around the block while all the other kids trailed on their bikes or feet! They were so funny together! I am glad you got to meet Holly and Mary. Good friends are so important!
I just think that it is a crack up that they knew everyone that we knew and didn't know us... we were so popular and everyone wanted to be our friends. Well, it's never too late to be friends with the Little Girls. We are WAY cooler now anyway and a lot sexier... just kidding of course.
Love that picture! And it was so good to finally meet you, Kami! You fit right in, so you already know we love you! And yeah, we have to plan something because I don't remember any of these "trips" our families went on. For all I know they are made up!
How fun! Wish I was there. My Sisters did tell you that I am by far the coolest any funniest out of all of them, right?!!
Post a Comment