"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, September 7, 2009

Brent's Sunday Six on Monday

1. My Awesome Wife! Thanks for loving me and taking care of me! You have an amazing way of picking me up when tough times come calling. I love you! I hope I'm as good to you as you are to me!

2. Gav and Sav. They really are 2 great and amazing kids. Savanna is the sweet girl that I have always longed to have. Gavin is so incredibly different than me, and that's why I love him so much! They accept me for who I am. I love them and they make me proud!

3. I Finished the Red Rock Relay! 187 miles in a little over 24 hours! Sounds awesome doesn't it?? Well it was in a way. I was on a team of 12 runners who braved the heat, the hail storm, the rain, the thunder, the lightning, the elevation change, the loss of sleep, the cramped car full of runners, and the smell and burn of wintercrest pain relief! I was asked to join this team by Kori after some of the runners on the team she was on backed out at the last minute. I was by far and away the weak link on the team!! I was on a team full of runners and I, on the other hand, have only been running for about 4 months now. I ran the least amount of miles out of the group, but what I did run was an accomplishment for me! My first leg was a 2.1 mile run with an 11% incline and an almost 1,000 ft. gain in elevation. I wish I could have run all of that but it wasn't gonna happen. That was the hardest thing EVER! I'm not sure what was burning more, my legs or my lungs! My 2nd leg was 3.2 miles in the middle of the night on the out skirts of Hurricane. I have run a couple of 5K's before this so it wasn't much of a problem for me. After our other runners in the car finished their legs, me and Kori quickly drove home for a MUCH needed shower and a 2 hour nap before heading out for our last legs in the race. At this point my legs were shot and the lack of sleep was terrible for the eyes and the headache I had. The first part of my 3rd leg was a climb of almost 500 ft. but due to our team showing up a little late, the runner ahead of me took that climb and I finished off the last 2 or so miles just as the sun was coming up! As tired as I was, I actually felt a sense of accomplishment. I haven't run that much in a 24 hour span much less on a team. My nerves got the best of me before each run which caused my legs to get weak, but outside of that, I finished and am still talking to Kori! It was fun to see so many teams in vans and be a part of a team that could run. It was fun to be with Kori and watch her run and have her keep me company as my mind has been on other things as of late. I'm excited to see her run in the St. George Marathon and know she will do great. I am gonna continue to run and who knows, maybe I won't be the weak link on the next team! By the way, we finished in 6th place in a field of 58 teams!


4. Cougs 14 Sooners 13! We had a great time here at the house with the family over, and the COUGS DID IT! Way to go E.S.P.N. for making it all about Bradford going out of the game. Was I the only one who watched the COUGS take it to the Sooners even when he was in? (We missed a field goal and fumbled on the 2 yard line ) The defense hit Sam and shut down that running game! Even with 4 turnovers the team from Oklahoma couldn't get it done! Oklahoma is a good team but can't win the big games. Just ask Texas, Florida, Boise State and West Virginia. Great win for the COUGS!


5. A Devil Victory. It wasn't nearly as big a win as the Cougs but we will take it. Go DEVILS!


6. Ellsworth Family! Isn't it fun to be us? I love you all. I'm not even gonna ask why us, I'm just gonna pray we all get through this latest round of turmoil.

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Hi Brent! Wow! I am proud of you for taking on that relay and enduring to the end! Dee is swimming hard to get ready for the triathlon in the spring!

I want you to know how much I love you. My prayers are with you and your whole family right now. Be strong and know how much you are loved in your greater family!

Anonymous said...

Hey, great Sunday Six Brent! Congrats on the RRR Race, what an accomplishment! I didn't hear anything about you being the weak link, I think you just made that up! So glad BOTH of your teams won on Saturday, thanks for your support of the COUGS, I know it has made all the difference to them! Love the hat BTW. Sorry about the family distractions this weekend, you're doing a good job of hanging in there. Our prayers are with you and your family. We love you all!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That was a great Sunday Six. I am so glad that you have Kami and Gavin and Savanna. You are so blessed to have such a great wife and kids.
I am also so very impressed and proud of you and your big Run you did. That is quite an accomplishment!

I am also happy for the Cougs win and the Devil's win. As you know I really do like the Sooners but I also really like the Cougs so for me it was a win win either way. SO I'm happy that BYU was able to pull it off for the Little Family.

I also am thank for the Ellsworth Family. We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves if there wasn't some drama now and then now would we. At any rate I'm thankful to be an Ellsworth. I love you all of you!

Were looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love You,
JoLynn

Bryan and Lyndsey said...

I love your 6. Always have. Your comment about the Ellsworth Family is without a doubt true! I love all of us. We will make it through this bout of what we are going through and we will all do it together!

Stephanie said...

This is David,
That is a great accomplishment Brent. Are you guys interested in joining a team for the Wasatch Back Ragnar race next year? Stephanie is putting a team together and it is all couples.

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

You were so NOT the weak link. I didn't see Diane trying to run any of your miles!!! Good job you! You did awesome. Way to tackle the hill and still smile when you were done.

And yippee for the Cougs! Our defense rocked, and Bradford is a wimp. I don't think he got hit last year, and he just didn't know how to handle it when the Cougs started sockin' it to him. Hope they can continue to play like they did on Saturday. Thanks for having us over for the game.

Hope all is well with your family. We are praying for you.

JoJo and Ralph said...

I too have been praying for your family. You Ellsworths are a tough bunch though and isn't it wonderful to know we have people around us to support us and love us through hard life stuff? I owe my family a lifetime of gratitude for loving me through some crappy months. Can't wait to see you next week.

Anonymous said...

I know I am a little slow commenting on this blog. I am so proud of you and your accomplishment in the "run". I never could have done it. I too am praying for all of you. This latest incidence has hit me rather hard. I love all of my kids and grandkids so much and I don't like to see any of you hurt.I am so proud of those of you who are sticking together through this. My love is strong for all of you and know that I am with you all. I have prayed until I feel that Heavenly Father is tired of hearing from me but I will continue. God bless all of you.
Love Grandma E.

Julianne said...

Just read this and wondering if everything is ok???