"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Funky Dorey!

So I have been in somewhat of a BLOG FUNK lately. I can't seem to find that passion that drives each of us to blog on a regular basis. Maybe it is because I am overwhelmed with the marathon being 30 days away or maybe because I don't feel I have anything extraordinary to say these days. YES I am HAPPY, YES the kids are doing perfect, YES I LOVE Brent with all my heart...so nothing has changed...nothing new to report!
But today I received an e-mail from my dear friends Team Brenchley...it really made my day and I thought I would share some of it with you...

Kami,

...We are so excited to see you. Brian and his parents and I are always talking about our cool friend Kami who just happens to be the race operations manager for the best marathon in the world. We think you are wonderful and you always take care of us. It will be great to see you and your hubby again. Good luck with all the final preparations. I hope you can get lots of sleep that week. Good thing General Conference is recorded, huh? : ) Talk to you soon.

I also wanted to apologize for never sending you a note of gratitude for all that you did for us this last year. Even though it was probably Brian's most difficult race ever, we had an amazing experience. Thanks so much for your large part in that. I can really count on you to take care of Brian. Thanks so much for that. I also never thanked you for your amazing write-up that you posted on our website. It was so kind. Please know that the things you do and the words you say make a positive difference in the lives of others. Thank you so much...

Team Brenchley!



I just love GOOD people. People who were put on this earth to enrich the lives of others, who try their best to do what is right and who radiate their love for the Lord.

I hope each of you have someone like that in your life who you consider a dear friend!

OH YEAH...HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

4 comments:

Karen Carter said...

I adore any post you write. And I will read even if its just a quick update. Glad you got such a sweet email. A little sweet to brighten up your hump day. Hugs Karen

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that things are just "Hunky" Dorey. It's OK to get in a funk every now and then, just don't make a habit of it. Blogging is supposed to be fun...not drudgery, don't put pressure on yourself. I loved the e-mail from Team Brenchley, they're awesome. It will be fun to see them in action again this year and hopefully it won't rain!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm glad that life is treating you well. Blogging doesn't have to be anything new and exciting just whatever is happening in life, it's all good. We love hearing anything you blog about.

I loved the nice email that Team Brenchley sent to you. What great people!

Love Ya-See You Again Soon:)
JoLynn

Marianne said...

Doesn't that make you feel like it is all worth it? You do such a good job with the marathon and I am sure it come off as brilliantly as ever!

Hang in there and don't worry about being the best blogger in the world. We love anything we hear about our family and friends!