He arrived Friday evening after a LONG drive and LOTS of traffic. So instead of taking Howard to the Hurricane/Snow Canyon game, we ordered in, relaxed and the two friends spent the night catching up and reminiscing about old times and football game road trips. Then we took a little trip to newly opened KRAVE Frozen Yogurt shop and enjoyed a YUMMY treat.
Saturday morning I dropped the kids off at the Hydes, who were so wonderful and willing to watch them for the night...and the three of us headed up north. We met up with Mom and Dad, Kaci, Quin and Peyton for lunch at Rumbi's.
Happy Birthday QUIN! We are sure glad you are home now and that we got to see you. Peyton is just darling. Mellow like her daddy and beautiful like her older sister! It was funny...she would make one face and looked exactly like Raleigh and with another look could have been Quin's twin. She is a perfect mixture of Little and Lund. After lunch we took Howard to the BYU bookstore where, to my surprise, we mingled with many other FSU fans. Then it was off to the game.
Now I have been going to BYU games since I can remember. It has always been a fun family tradition that we all looked forward to each year. I can't even count how many games we have been to. But I can honestly say I have NEVER been to a more frustrating, humiliating and downright SAD (not boohoo sad...pathetic sad) football game. BYU could do no right. Our defense SUCKED, our offense SUCKED, even our fans SUCKED...and smelled REALLY REALLY bad! If it was not for Howard, I would have been in the car on my way home by halftime!Howard had never seen his team play live before and he was SUCH a GREAT sport...he didn't gloat, he didn't taunt, he really didn't even cheer very loud...which I thought he TOTALLY deserved to do...so I sucked it up and stayed 'til the end...and endured what might be the worst BYU game of my lifetime.
Even though the game was painful, the trip and our company was highly enjoyable. Howard...you are a good man! Visit anytime...it was a pleasure having you! But next time...PLEASE don't bring your football team!

6 comments:
It's been about 24 hours now since the horrible game and I'm beginning to feel better. It was a tough loss. I was so sad when we got back to Kaci's and she was laughing at me. She said, "Oh Mom, there's so much more to BYU than football". Well, of course, she's right. There IS SOOOO much more to BYU but I'd like for them to do well in football TOO. Oh well, who really cares about the BCS. You're right about Howard, he was very gracious and didn't "rub it in" and he had every right to do that. Oh well, on to the MWC games, I'm not feeling too optimistic but I'm working on a better attitude.
I'm so sorry about the big BYU loss. But I'm sure next week will be much better!
I'm glad that you guys had a great time with Howard. It doesn't surprise me at all that he was a gracious winner. He is a very good guy! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
Have a great week! Love you all!
JoLynn
I couldn't even watch the second half of that game...just turned it off. Was that the SAME team who played those two away games? I don't think so...someone has kidnapped the Cougars!!
OIs that MY Rumbi Grill in A.F. that you were at??? My favorite place! I love those sweet potato fries!!
Ols?? Supposed to be "Was". sheesh!
Everyone in cougar town was throughly disgusted. Sad sad day.
Yeah, that game is sitting on our DVR and we can't bring ourselves to watch it!
I've been SO out of the loop; you don't miss the internet so much until you can't use it! I've loved reading ALL your posts... I feel I have a lot to live up to to get back on track!
Post a Comment