"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Say "Stinky Feet"

Today is Picture Day. For those of you with younger children who have opinions and who are overly concerned with how they look…you will have compassion for me today. Savanna was hell-bent on having curlers in her hair, with NO chance of clips, ponies or any head wear whatsoever and a freshly washed outfit. So last night we rolled hair…all two feet of it in over 40 curlers, I did a special load of laundry and ironed all night. I think she was pleased this morning as she carried around my hand held mirror and practiced smiling for 25 minutes before school.


Gavin was no different…yes my BOY was also quite concerned with his wardrobe for the day. I picked out this very nice collared Hurley shirt and his response was...and I quote…”Wearing a collared shirt is like having little hands around your neck all day choking you. Wearing a collared shirt with a backpack is like having a midget on your back who is trying to BRING YOU DOWN” Needless to say…he wore a T-shirt to school with the loosest collar I could find! Ya know how I feel about midgets??


Here’s to pretty smiles with missing teeth and milk mustaches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, they are the funniest little kids! That Savanna...I don't know when she turned into such a "princess" or who directed her down that path but she's got it "nailed down" for sure. Her hair looks really beautiful and her smile will look perfect in the picture. Now Gavin, on the other hand, will look terrified, with or without the collared shirt and backpack. That boy needs to lighten up when it comes to camera-time. Well Good Job to the MOM for all your hard work in having them look their best for Picture Day, just one more thing to throw in the MIX during the week before Marathon!! You're Amazing!

Karen Carter said...

They could not be any cuter and if I ever visit will you curl my hair? It looks so adorable! Great job you!! Have a good week I know it will be busy but knock em dead kid. Hugs Karen~

Marianne said...

Wow! Good call on the hair-do Savanna! It looks great! And,well, a midget on your back is SO annoying!!
I just got Richard's ninth grade picture this morning as he headed out the door. He said, "Oh yeah. I've been carrying this around for a few days." He handed me the envelope which as all dog-eared and I just smiled! His smile is so goofy! About like his kindergarten photo! He tried really hard to practice smiling with his teeth. It is just not a skill he has mastered! Plus...he's wearing a collared shirt!

I am sure your kids will be adorable in their photos.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh school pictures-what fun! I usually think school pictures are somewhat of waiste because they seem like they never turn out that great. However, this year I got Blake and Conner's pictures back and they look fantastic. I have to the best school pictures they've ever taken. I was actually upset that I didn't order more (I always order the small packages because they're never that great). Anyway, now we'll just cross our fingers that Brilynn's turned out as good as the boys.

It looks like Gavin and Sav will have beautiful school pictures!