I was EXTREMELY blessed growing up to have parents who made it possible for us three girls to attend EFY every summer at BYU.
I LOVE EFY!
I believe that it was one of the most important tools used to mold me, teach me and help me to gain my testimony. I have the fondest memories of EFY, all the friends I met and have stayed in touch with all of these years, the things I felt, the lessons I learned, the spirit that testified of truth and touched my heart...the boys I kissed! :)
Yesterday our ward was honored to attend The Best of EFY here in St George. Now granted it is nothing like attending a week long session but it did take me back to a time when I laughed the hardest, cried the most and felt the Spirit strongest. Three speakers who taught us the gospel through laughter, bluntness and the words of our Prophets.
It was even more wonderful that I was able to attend with Gavin. His first...of many hopefully...EFY experiences. Although he sat with the boys I tried to watch him, see his expressions and I prayed he listened, understood and could relate to the items discussed...as each one of them applied directly to him and issues he is facing everyday.
I must admit I had a bad attitude of the thought of waking up at 6 am on Saturday but I...of course...was edified and uplifted the rest of the weekend (and possibly forever) as a result.


4 comments:
That was ONE of only a very few things that I loved about being in YW. EFY. Man, they know how to do it!
I am glad you got the chance to go. What a nice experience to have with your son! I love all of those smiley faces so early on a Saturday too!
We moms loved "going" to EFY too! I think we got more excited than our kids did about EFY each year. We, too, have wonderful memories of hanging out at BYU and sneaking around and watching what all of you kids were doing. What a blast!
I'm glad that Gavin was able to attend this shortened version on Saturday. Hopefully it will be the beginning of a tradition in his life as well. Sounds like it was a fun day.
What an awesome experience for all of you! I'm glad Gavin got to go and be apart of this. I wish I could have been there this weekend!
Post a Comment