"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Fourth worth Celebrating!

The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. Maybe because families get together, we have picnics in the park, we play outside all day and lay under the stars at night to watch fireworks. We are together from sun up to sun down. This year was no different...but add on two extra days.


We started our weekend on Friday at the Lund's home...where four families tried desperately to share two bathrooms, get our hair just right, coordinate flattering outfits and manage to fit all 18 of us in the same location with perfect smiles and non-wind blown hair even though it WAS blowing 76 miles an hour.


Although I love family pictures and think they are the best way to store memories and document progression...they are never truly FUN. We fight, we blame, we swear, we yell...and somehow we become award winning actors and manage to put beautiful smiles on our faces so one day when we look back we will "remember" how happy we all were that day.

For having 18 people in one shot...it turned out pretty good. At least Raleigh wasn't up front looking like the family giant (somehow still the center of attention) and Brent has only the two hands he was born with! :)
Our weekend continued with the baptism of our beloved Allie. We are so proud of her choice to be baptized and we are so proud that she has a wonderful step-dad willing and able to perform this ordinance.


Our weekend ended in Park City at the Marriott Mountainside Resort where we enjoyed the pool, Main Street shops and restaurants, took a ride on the Alpine Slide, worked out each day at the fitness center, Outlet shopped, played games, had very BAD service from a waitress who not only HATES her job but took advantage of the automatic 18% gratuity added on to our bill...Kori likes to call her Groucho Marks...to her face no less!...we also enjoyed half a fireworks show. They looked magnificent shooting out from behind the world's largest chimney, behind which we sat...thinking we had PRIME seats after sitting there reserving them for over 8 hours.


Thanks mom and dad for setting up the trip. It was a H.E.L.L. of a good time...as usual!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had such happy memories of our family picture event...we didn't yell, swear, blame...none of that...where was I when all that was happening??? I thought we did really well, especially with that many people together, for that many days and under some stressful circumstances. It was a fun weekend (and week for some of us). I'm looking forward to the next time we can all be together. If we keep practicing we should get really good at it.

Kaci said...

I thought it turned out to be a fabulous weekend. I will admit that I did not have high hopes. I thought that I would be a wreck and wouldn't be able to recover in time to enjoy the fun. Well, not the case. It was a very great time. I will look back with fond memories.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh and I forget to even mention that I love all your pictures! I thought your family picture with 18 people turned out beautifully! And as always your own immediate family turned out darling!

Love Ya,
JoLynn

Marianne said...

Fun! You guys have such good times! Our fourth was dull in comparisson. Everyone had to work!

I love you new pictures. Major awards to everyone for pulling it off! The umbrellas in your own photos up top are a fun idea too!

Love you guys!

Marianne said...

Fun! You guys have such good times! Our fourth was dull in comparisson. Everyone had to work!

I love you new pictures. Major awards to everyone for pulling it off! The umbrellas in your own photos up top are a fun idea too!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!I love all your pictures too.I can't wait to see you all.

Love,
Brilynn