"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, July 29, 2010

MY RIGHT NOW...

I have been feeling a bit down lately. I can’t quite put my finger on it…hormones probably…but whatever the reason I am not feeling like myself. I believe I am a happy person by nature, cheerful, pleasant to be around, social, affectionate. But this week I am struggling. Feeling unhappy is a state of mind. Unhappiness, in my opinion, is selfishness and narcissistic, which I like to think I am neither of those two things…so I am trying to pull myself out of this rut I am in.
Our sweet friend “Sophia” writes a post on her blog regularly which I love and always say I am going to steal but haven’t…until today.
It is a good post that is uplifting, positive and helps the author focus on the goodness around them…totally up my alley.
So here is goes…

Outside my Window…currently I cannot see outside my window. Maintenance is repainting the beautiful historic building where my office is located so my windows are covered up with brown paper and blue tape. I can however hear a leaf blower which means the Parks crew, who I adore, is outside my office cleaning up Town Square, planting new flowers and mowing the lawn. I work in an extraordinary location. Each morning when I pull into the parking lot just as the sun is coming up I feel blessed that I am surrounded by this…




I am thinking…that as of right now there are only 64 days 23 hours and 10 minutes until the gun goes off at the 2010 St George Marathon start line. That is NOT a lot of time and I am looking at the three page long list I have to accomplish before then! AUGH!!


I am thankful for…This morning I am thankful for my husband who sat next to me in bed last night and just listened to my attempt at explaining why I feel sad…and then hugged me, held me tight and made jokes about it for the rest of the night! He is such a good husband. He is such a good friend.

From the kitchen…I am chomping down on two extra large peaches I purchased from Costco on Tuesday. Peaches have become my main source of “consumption” since my healthy “Life Style” change. I go through a box a week. Eating healthy is costly!...and to be honest NOT that fun! I miss my cookies! BUT my sub 120 body sure feels good in my skinny jeans!


I am wearing…a black sun dress with a white shade…my stylish black and white tennies with no socks!


I am reading…a book that I can’t remember the name of. I am inching my way towards the end…it is not as entertaining as the other three I read this summer. I have been told to read the “Hunger Games”. I may pick that up this week and read it while the kids are on their last family vacation.


I am hoping…to have an enjoyable weekend with my handsome hubby. I am trying to get the house put together so I don’t have to spend my Saturday cleaning. Perhaps a run, a good breakfast, a movie, “Bowling” a time or two or three. You know…good quality, fat burning fun!


I am creating…or more so designing the 2010 Runner Bibs and poster. The design part of my job…is fun most of the time…but also stressful to me. Although I feel I have a streak of style, my style is not everyone’s style. It is hard to please 7400 people. The 2010 Runner shirts however are by far my favorite to date!


I am hearing…Juan whistling as he paints my window pane. He doesn’t speak English very well so he mostly whistles and hums show tunes. It is fun to try to guess what song is running through his mind! Brandon also just F-bombed him…Poor Juan!

Around the house…is pretty much spotless. The bathrooms need to be cleaned and the kid’s beds remade. Other than that I am almost ready for my weekend!


One of my favorite things…Looking at Brent. He is my FAVORITE thing…he makes me happy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope that helped you, cuz it helped me. I feel better already! Sounds like you have a pretty happy/wonderful life to me...skinny, cute husband, clean house, darling office bldg., someone to whistle for you while you work, plus the weekend is almost here. Hang in there, you'll cheer up any minute.

Kaci said...

Why do we live such parallel lives??? I too have been feeling quite low, but for different reasons that I too can't put my finger on. But I am going to try and think of these things too and see if I can pull myself out of my rut. Maybe a talk with my best friend is what I need too. If we can find 3 1/2 minutes to settle down and just sit. I hope you start to feel better soon. Sometimes being a girl is the pitts.
Love ya.

Marianne said...

A sweet post Kami! If you don't feel better after that, I certainly do! I love to sneak over and read Sophia's posts. She is an amazing lady.

I love where you work. It is such a beautiful place. You are very lucky indeed. I also love how you adore the guys that work around you, not looking down on anyone for any reason. That is very touching!

I also love looking at that Brent Ellsworht mug! What a happy glow he has these days...thanks to you!

Marianne said...

P.S. THe Hunger Games series is excellent! I have really gotten into them. They are well written and compelling. If you are still in a blue mood, however, I would stay awy from them for awhile. They are a tough read at first. There is some sadness and gloom in the story that Brittany has found hard to wade through. It didn't trouble me as much. I guess it depends on the person!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm sorry to hear that your a little down. I too go through that from time to time. I suppose we all do but at any rate it isn't fun to go through.

Your post was very lovely and you have so much to be so grateful and thankful for. I'm sure you'll start to perk up here.

Oh and everyone at my work has loved that Hunger Games book and the one after it. My mom and Richard also enjoyed it alot. But I have heard what Marianne said to be true so maybe she wait to read it for awhile at least until your a little happier:) which I know is going to be any minute:)

Hang in there and know we all love you!

JoLynn

Karen Carter said...

Oh my goodness thank you so much for taking off with that and sharing your life with us! And thank you to Marianne for visiting my blog! i havent been getting many comments so I didnt think anyone has been reading these days. So thanks to you both! I know the feeling of being down and not knowing why? I agree its hormones and just a normal part of life! Dont be too hard on yourself.However I think if I was you I would be happy happy happy. Darling family and your cute little self would be reason enough to smile every day. You are so stinkin adorable! I loved reading your post and your blog is darling. Love you all so much! Sophia~

McArthurs said...

I sure love reading your posts... even when your in a funk. I am sorry that you are feeling bad, though eating that many peaches a week probably has made you quite regular.. EAT SOME CAKE!!!!!! I love your picks for the marathon even the ones that had mismatched sleeves. You are a wonderful person and always make me smile when I am around you. So buck up little camper....