"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Handsome Hubby!

Today my Best friend in the world turns a whopping 35 years old. Although he has only been in my life for a short time…3 of the 35 years…he has blessed my life in many ways. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t know him, didn’t love him, didn’t long to be close to him each day. I can’t remember falling asleep without his hand on my leg, sitting on the couch without his arms around me. I can't think of the time when he didn't lead our family in scripture study and family prayer or held weekly FHE. I can’t recall a time when his smile didn’t instantly cheer me up or when I was allowed to cook dinner with cheese in it. I can’t recollect watching anything other than sports on TV or when my freshly vacuumed carpet didn’t have feet prints purposely scattered throughout. It is hard for me to remember a time when people wore their seat belts despite the fact their shirt might get wrinkled and when Nana didn’t drop everything to make a cake upon request. I scarcely recall a time when I showered calmly without paranoia of ice cold water splashing over the shower door onto my naked body or a husband throwing open the door screaming BOO at me while shaving various parts of my AGAIN naked body.


Although my life has changed drastically since I found Brent...I can honestly say I can't remember EVER being so happy!


I love this boy more than words can say.

He is my everything.


Happy Birthday Babe.

4 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

I knew you guys had close birthdays, but for some reason, I thought Brent's was in December. Now I know! Happy Birthday Mr. Say-It-Like-It-Is!!! :)

Marianne said...

Sounds like fun times in the shower! Brent and his Uncle Dee are cut from the same cloth, apparently.

Happy birthday to Brent, who we used to call "Peanut" because he was no bigger than one, but tons cuter! I will never get over how much lives can change in such a short time. While he blesses your life tremendously, never forget how happy you and the kids are making him! I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brent. You've been a blessing to our family and we love and appreciate you for that and for many other things too. Thanks for all the love and kindness that you show to Jim and I and most especially for your tender care of Kami, Gavin and Savanna. It's amazing that you've been with us for only 3 short years and yet it seems like you've always been here. I, too, can't imagine our life without you. I wish you a wonderful birthday and an exciting and prosperous new year.

McArthurs said...

Happy Birthday Brent... Ryan likes to pour cold water on me too!! ugg! I hate to be cold. haha! We will get you both back somehow when you least expect it.