"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

THREE Years that seem like FOREVER!


Three years ago on this very day...January 25th...my life took a complete 180 for the BEST!

A simple "HI" from me was all it took. $15 and one profile later...I received this...

Jan 25, 2008
"Just wanted to say hi back! I think your profile is great. You seem like a wonderful person! I like the fact that you say you are dedicated to your family and centering your lives on Christ. That's a big one to me! I also like the fact that you are a sports fan...I'm a huge Arizona State fan and we play BYU in 2 years in football. I love all ASU sports but am big on football. Not a big Jazz fan but like the fact that you stick with them through everything. Go Suns!! I'm a big sports and family person and am very loyal to both!! You graduated from the Y and I think that's great however I always root against them. I'm not a Y fan( just being honest) I am a middle child of 5. I have 14 nieces and nephews and love them all. My fav food is Mexican. Fav color is blue. I'm very sarcastic and like to laugh. I have 2 callings ( ward miss and 16-17 yr old sunday school teacher) I love to travel. I'm very loyal. I'm big on honesty. And now that you know I'm not a Y fan are you still interested in getting to know me? Have a great day and hope to hear back from you if you're up for it."

Oh how things have changed. He is now a Jazz fan, a BYU fan if you can believe it, a dad of 2, he now has 23 nieces and nephews, only one MAJOR calling, is the best husband EVER and the answer to all my prayers!

The BEST $15 I have EVER spent!

I love this boy...he is the BEST chance I ever took!

5 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

What a great story! You two are THE PERFECT fit and I am so glad you found each other. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW, you did take a chance. I've never read that e-mail before and I can't believe you wrote back after Brent being "so honest" 'n all about not being a BYU fan! He has really come a L-O-N-G way, for the better I might add! It's hard to believe that it's only been 3 years, it seems like Brent has been in our family FOREVER! We love you both and we're so happy you found each other!

Kaci said...

I'm sitting at the DMV bawling my head off. People probably think I'm a crazy. I went through that whole time with you. I remember sitting on your bedroom floor looking at his profile pic. And I remember meeting him for the first time at Samurai 21. And then going to Arizona (my favorite trip) so you could get engaged. Good, no great memories... love you both

Karen Carter said...

This is PRECIOUS!! and so are you all! What a great story and a even greater life that came from it. Congratulations!

Steph said...

you guys are so dang cute. i love it