Savanna was given a sewing machine for Christmas this year which has sat in its box on her closet floor until TODAY!
With the holiday...no work and no school...I thought it would be a great day to teach her "Sewing Basics 101"
After a LONG discussion of the parts of a sewing machine, the mechanics of a sewing machine, how to thread a sewing machine and overall safety...we were ready!
I had her practice sewing lines on old material scraps. I had her help me sew a new corn bag (mine had a hole and all the corn was falling out). Then I sent her off on her own.
With LITTLE to NO help at all...except for pinning the ribbon in place she made herself this darling scripture bag...literally all alone with Maycee cheering her on and giving moral support.
Watch out Dolce and Gabbana...Savanna Layne is on the move!

6 comments:
wow Kami. I am more impressed that you were able to show her what to do. When did you learn how to sew? That is one thing I would love to learn how to do.
Good Job Savanna... it looks darling.
I tell ya...I'm crafty! There is more to me than meets the eye! :)
Oh, man. Now I feel sheepish. When I sew a button onto a shirt or darn a sock, I feel that I am doing quite well. Guess not though! SHEESH! Savanna could make darling tote bags in various sizes and colors and you could sell them anywhere and everywhere and she could make you a grundle of cash and you could quit your job and take yourself and all of your girlfriends on a trip to Hawaii and... ;)
I like your title "SEWING seeds of Love" title. (It's very punny.)
Are you kidding me!! That tote bag is darling!! Savanna you did a fabulous job and I can't wait to see it in person. Good job to you too Kam, for being the good teacher.
Good going Savanna! I love, love, love to sew! It makes me happy. Keep it up and you will have a wonderful skill for life!
P.S. "Savanna Layne Designs" has a very chic sound to it!
I'm way impressed by both of you! Poor little Brilynn she's had her cute sewing machine for a year now and she's sewed like two things. I don't sew at all! I don't know the first thing to do. Maybe Brilynn and I both should take some sewing lessons. Hmmm...next time your down Kam maybe we can have a lesson from you and Savanna:)
Post a Comment