On the 4th day of Christmas MY TRUE LOVE gave to me...
Lack of SLEEP!
Now that Brent is a driver we wake up each morning at 4:00 am...some days at 3:30. YIKES!
I have NEVER been a night owl as some people call it...I have always LOVED going to bed early. Even when I was little I found excuses to go to bed before bedtime...I was a parents dream come true! :)
However in order to wake up at 4:00 am each morning and still have energy to make it through the day it requires me going to bed about 9:00 each night...I can sometimes make it to 9:30 but this is rare. I even find many nights where I am asleep on the couch by 8:00. I am tons of fun these days I tell ya!
Although this new schedule has been somewhat of a challenge I do ENJOY the opportunities it provides. Each morning I meet Kori on the corner at 4:30 for our brisk morning 5 mile walk. I get home, straighten up the house, start the laundry, blog if needed, get ready for my work day and still have time to eat breakfast with the kids and get them off to school...all before the sun is up!
Today Brent and I are both off. We are headed to Vegas for the Vegas Bowl...ASU/Boise State. Today was the first day in months that we did not have a reason to wake up early yet Brent was awake at 4:05 and I followed close behind at 5:00.
I guess this is our life now...
Early to bed, early to rise!...oh the JOY!

4 comments:
Well! Bless your early bird hearts! Not me! That's all I can say about that rising time. (Mostly because Dee is an incurable night owl and drags me along!
I am torn because I have always loved ASU, but I am very proud of what Boise State has been able to accomplish over the last few years. For Brent's sake, I'll pull for the Sun Devils! Have a great time at the game.
I love going to be early, and getting up early, but not THAT early. Does 4:00 even qualify as morning yet??
I'm with Tonya...4 a.m. is definitely in the middle of the night!! If I happen to wake up somewhere around 4 a.m., I think, oh good I still have several hours to sleep. PLUS!!...I can't even imagine going for a walk at 4:30 A.M. (in the middle of the night)...first of all, scary...second of all, freezing, third of all, dark. What's up with you girls???
I think this is a great way of life. When Brian and I were first married this was the life that we led. I would get up when he left for work and study. Everything seemed so much easier to retain studying in the early morning hours. Now Brian still gets up around 4:00 but I don't get up until around 5:30. I never get to bed before 11:00 but I can't with a house full of teenagers. Someone has to stay up and make sure they get home safe and all that fun stuff. So needless to say, I NEVER get over 6 and half hours of sleep and usually its around 5 or 5 and half. Maybe someday I can get back on Brian's schedule and your schedule and get to bed early and up earlier, I hope, but probably not for a few years.
P.S. Blake is so jealous that you guys are there. I hope you all enjoy it!
GO ASU!!!
Post a Comment