"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas EVE!!! 2nd Day!

On the 2nd day of Christmas MY TRUE LOVE gave to me...


A FAMILY!!!





I know I have said it before but Brent has made this family complete and whole.
He jumped in with two feet and has never looked back. He has been determined to be the best husband and dad any family could ask for.
I always expected that it would be so hard to go from being married without kids for many years, then being single for a while, to OVERNIGHT being married with TWO kids. However no one would know if it was a difficult transition. Brent has made it seem easy, made it seem fun and made it seem worth it!
He coaches teams, goes to recitals, dances at school dances, disciplines as needed, tucks kids in bed with kisses, comforts, gives advice, helps with homework, financially supports and so much more.


The best thing of all is that I have never heard him refer to Gavin and Savanna as anything but "our kids". To him it doesn't matter how they got to this earth or the arrangements we share with their dad in SLC...Brent knows he is also their dad and that he will be FOREVER!!


"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."

Prez. Thomas S. Monson

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

All so true! I'm so proud of him and I am so happy that he has you all. The truth is-you all complete him. You given him what he's always wanted and needed.

Hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright!

All Our Love,
JoLynn

Anonymous said...

Everything you said is so true. I have been amazed at how Brent (and all of you) have made this difficult transition look so easy. I know there must have been some challenges for you along the way but I was never aware of any. I guess if a family is what someone REALLY wants then Heavenly Father makes it possible. Merry Christmas to one of the sweetest families I know.