"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, December 2, 2011

Tis the Season for Decoration...

So I haven't been feeling the Christmas Season Spirit at all this year.

I did not want to decorate, I do not want to wrap presents and I can barely listen to my new Christmas CD! Which so isn't like me.

One of my very favorite things to do is lay on the couch in the dark with the tree lit and music playing softly in the background.

SO I forged ahead and pulled out all 8 tuppers fulls of decorations, turned on my new CD and forced myself to feel the spirit.

It's working a little...I actually woke up this morning, turned on the tree lights and felt a tiny rush of excitement.

Little by Little I hope to get there before Christmas EVE!

4 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

You'd feel the Christmas spirit a lot more if we went shopping together! ;~) Have you tried making and decorating Christmas cookies? Or going to see the lights at the temple and hearing the recording at the nativity there?? I have a couple of cute Christmas books you could borrow if you're a reader and wanting to get into the spirit of the season. :) Also, you could pick a needy family and pull some things/gifts together for them. My mom is heading up a huge Christmas charity thing for 30 needy families and they need a ton of things from diapers and wipes to socks, shoes, and winter clothes... Sometimes that helps get one into the Christmas spirit! Good luck, Kam! :)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Must be the Ellsworth sisters cuz that is exactly how I feel. I finally got our house decorated yesterday except for our tree. We are having tree issues. At this moment I honestly don't care if we have a tree, man I hope I get a little more into it soon! Anyway, Merry Christmas-tis the season to be jolly:)

P.S. I sure have missed you guys since you left! It was so fun having you here!

Love You,
JoLynn

Anonymous said...

Everything looks very festive and cute, as usual. This whole Christmas thing sure is a lot of work but in the end it does seem to be worth it. I'm always so happy once all the decorating is done then I begin to enjoy the season. I hope you will too.

Karen Carter said...

How can you not be in the spirit with all those darling things around you! It all looks magical and even your blog is decked out! Put on some Christmas jingles and start dancing!