Unfortunately we had a VERY busy Saturday as we tried to focus on and celebrate Gavin's special day. I did, however, wake him up by singing EVERY birthday song I could come up with...which I think was about 14...ranging from primary songs to the Beatles!Basketball season started yesterday so we were up early because Savanna's game started at 8:00 am. It was her very first basketball game ever!...and for not having a coach until yesterday morning at 8:00, never having one practice or ever even shooting a ball...her team did pretty well. I think they have potential. They struggle on defense...and on offense. They don't understand the rules or the overall concept...but they sure look cute out there! :)Gavin also had a basketball game yesterday. Their (Gavin and Grant's) team also has not had a practice and did not have a coach until game-time...(that is the city for ya...unorganized and care-free)....But Russ and Brent stepped up and are now the coaches. With only 4 team members showing up...we recruited Garrett to play point... and we came out on top. Gavin had a career high of 16 points...not bad for his birthday huh?After the games we met up with the family at AntiGravity...the trampoline arena here in St George. It is a big warehouse with wall to wall trampolines, bounce houses, dodge ball courts, big screen TV's, large comfy couches to relax on...something for the whole family to enjoy.

After jumping for a while we all came back to our house for pizza, the BYU game, a GIANT birthday cookie, ice cream and presents...or should I say MONEY!!!
Yesterday was a good day.

5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Sweet Gavin! Yesterday was such a fun day, even the getting up at the "crack of dawn" part so we could be to Savanna's game.
Gavin truly has become an amazing kid and there were times that I cried myself to sleep over him...not anymore, that's for sure! I don't know about him as a basketball player though. He certainly is tall enough and he's really getting the "hang" of the game but he is so sensitive and worries so much about the other players (especially those on the other team) when they get hurt or have the ball stolen from them, he just tries to make it better...like "here, you can have the ball." Having Brent and Russ as the coaches is really going to be fun.
We're excited about Gavin's ordination today. We're so happy that he has a wonderful dad to ordain him and that your lives have turned out the way they have. If only I had been able to see into the future all those MANY nights that I laid awake!!
WoooHOOOO! Happy birthday to Gavin!!! Good things have been and even better things to come! :)
Happy Birthday Gavin! I am so happy that he is doing so well! He is going to make a great priesthood holder and you will love watching him perform his duties. It is such a blessing to see your son grow up and do what is right. I am happy for you and Brent as you start this new era in your family's life!
Happy Happy Birthday Gavin. I really wish that we could have been there to celebrate your birthday with you and see you be ordained. What a very special blessing! You are such an amazing young man. We sure love you!
Yay! Happy birthday to Gavin. It was such a fun day. We loved sharing it with your family. Gavin is a great young man, a good example, and a wonderful friend. We love having him close by.
Post a Comment