"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BLINK??

My previous life was centered on “Music”. Each weekend I put on my fishnets and laced up my 20 holed Dr’s, ratted out my multi colored afro and spent all hours at clubs, concerts, on tour etc. I can’t say that I miss that life although I miss the music part of it. I knew bands, I knew songs and I knew music!




It’s been about 18 years since Blink became my favorite band of all time…as inappropriate as they are! It may have something to do with my various stage appearances or the personal shout out I received from Tom at one of the concerts…but I have yet to find another band to take their place…Angels and Airwaves…who of course is ultimately Blink in a sense…has been a close second…until now!

I recently discovered Middle Class Rut. I am not sure how long they have been around or where in the world they have been hiding…but I have found them and they have climbed to the top of my chart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5GYOsKLp6o&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=MLAYMcY2vx8GQQbV5dybDOtzmbNLVDlGCZ





Not that any of you care about this…but it made me flash back to my BIG Hair punk days when New Bands were my thing! I guess I just missed the music today!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I totally hear ya. I've almost forgotten how much I loved music. Now I don't know any bands. Case in point, I've heard this particular song/band but had no idea who they were. Weird how something so important to you at one time, quite literally goes away!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kam, Where did you come from???

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Now I should like for you to post some pictures of your former days of glory... ;~)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love Blink too and Angels and Airwaves however, I have never heard of Middle Class Rut. I shall check them out:)

I'd love to see some pictures of your big afro!