"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Good Friday....and Saturday too

Each Easter weekend the City hosts its annual "Art Festival".


110 artists from all over the nation gather in our beautiful Town Square Friday and Saturday...which conveniently is where my office is located.


The Art Festival is one of our favorite events. It is held at a gorgeous time of year so thousands of St George residents meet in the park to enjoy the weather and the talent...not to mention the food (but not the Navajo Tacos...apparently they were NOT the food of choice this year).



I am on the Art Festival Committee so each Easter weekend I work!
I am not sure how I got appointed to the job of "Artist Hospitality" years ago...but that is how I spend my weekend...Making Coffee! :) ...among other food related chores.

Each year Mom, Dad and Brent come to help out packing 250 lunch sacks full of fruit and veggies, cheese, crackers and cookies. I REALLY appreciate their support. It isn't the greatest job but they always help none-the-less.
The up-side to helping is that when the work is done for the day we get to go enjoy the Festival ourselves.
This year because the kids are in SLC for the weekend Brent and I strolled the show just the two of us.

After the Art Festival was over on Saturday I came home and relaxed for a bit with my handsome hubby. I was so tired and he was so wonderful to just lay with me on the couch while I watched and laughed at Pee-Wee's Big Adventure...I think I must have been REALLY tired!

After I rested a bit we got dressed and went out for a night on the town.

It is ALWAYS a GOOD weekend when I get to spend time with Brent. He makes every Friday "Good Friday"!...and Saturday too!

4 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so glad that you guys were able to spend some good quality time together despite having to work. It looks like a great event and one that I'd like to come to some time soon!

Have a Happy Easter!

Love and Miss You All!
JoLynn

Sarah said...

We were the last year.... So sad. Dang your shoes are so cute.

Hope you ha a nice Easter. Loves...

Kaci said...

Oh my hell....... Who the hell is Sarah? Must be a friend of one of my children checking their Facebook on my computer. Or a homeless lady who broke in while we were at church. How dumb.

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! I know you had to "work" but it doesn't really seem like work to me...just a fun time. We loved the Art Festival this year, of course we love it every year. Such a fun and festive atmosphere. I'm glad you and Brent were able to have a little date night, there's nothing better. Love you.