In Savanna's class at school this week they were discussing friendship. Many of the students were taking turns sharing who their best friends were and why. When it came time for our neighbor Stockton to share...his answer was..."Savanna's Dad, Brent".
Stockton has attached himself to Brent these last few months in regards to sports. Stockton is a huge sports fan but his dad Ryan wasn't born with the same interest so Brent has become the surrogate for lack of a better word. At any given time you will now find Stockton in a Vikings hat, a Favre jersey or hear him talking Minnesota talk around town. He is quite the kid. We just love him.
A few weeks ago Brent decided that when the NFL Draft happened we would invite the Jones family over for a Draft Party.
Tonight was the night!
The Jones family have become our dear friends. It is ALWAYS a good time when they are around! We feel blessed to live across the street from them, to have our kids play together, to go on dates with Ryan and Shannon. We truly appreciate their friendship.
We enjoyed pizza, chips, soda, cookies, Chex Mix and candy galore!...now we are all sick and miserable!"...and the Minnesota Vikings select Christian Ponder"!
"What the HELL??" was Brent's reaction...good thing most of the kids were playing outside by that time! I was pleased with that pick because Ponder is quite fun to look at.
SKOL VIKINGS Baby!!!

5 comments:
If the Jones's dad isn't a sports fan, then how did their kid end up with the name of Stockton?? It's a fair question to ask. :)
That is awesome! What a cute kid Stockton is. Isn't it great to have fun neighbors? Brent has the ability to be friends with anyone he meets. I have always loved that about him!
How fun! I think that is so sweet and cute. I'm glad that you guys have good friends and neighbors. Stockton sounds like he'd be the perfect match for Savanna to marry, Brent and him could talk sports all the time:)
Can't wait to see you soon!
I think that Stockton is to die for. He has the best personality and so funny. I love that he told his classmates that Brent is his best friend.
So cute about Stockton having Brent as his best friend. Sounds like it was a fun party. I can't wait for the NBA Draft, maybe we'll host a Jimmer Party!
Post a Comment